Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011

beige / light brown discharge @ 7weeks

Hi Ladies

just wondered if anyone else has had beige / light brown discharge at around 7 weeks. Have had a little today and nervous as hell given my 2nd miscarriage started at exactly 7+1 last time which is what I am today....not sure if I should call the docs on Monday or just watch it to see if it goes and just ask the MW on Wednesday at my booking in appointment?!

HATE THIS!!!!!

Replies

• I've been having exactly this type of discharge, on and off since c. 5 + 0 (I'm 7 + 3 now, and last discharge was c. 4 days ago). I had a miscarriage too, about a year ago at c. 8 / 9 weeks and as far as I recall, when I was having my miscarriage, it pretty much started and continued like a period, rather than just some light brown discharge.

I guess the best thing to do is watch and see if it increases in quantity and becomes bloody like a period. If it remains light brown and stops, then I'd say it's perfectly normal and nothing to be worried about (easier said than done, huh?!). Between now and Wednesday is a good amount of time to judge if it's increasing / getting more like a period.

Fingers crossed for you x
  • I had some yesterday hun, not much a couple of wipes and it was gone, had no more since I'm now 7+4 xxx
  • I've read it's normal. Maybe keep an eye on it until your mw appt on weds. I've only had some pink cm a couple of times since my fresh red bleed when I was 6+0, I'm now 7+3 so feel fine....I'm sure it's all normal hun xxx
  • hey hun im having the exact same thing! spoke to doc and he is doing some bloods 2 days apart to make sure if they are rising if they are then everything is ok hopefully!!!
  • Thanks ladies, it seems to have stopped for now, fingers crossed it stays away as it does freak me out but it hasn't been the same as the last 2 times I had it and they ended in mc so I am being positive. Equally as of lunch time on Saturday I have felt nauseous all the rest of the day, put it down to nerves about the cm but had the same again on Sunday and again from 11.30ish today, I have tried to keep it away today with saltine crackers but I can't eat constantly, people will think me weird! Fingers crossed this is the onset of pregnancy nausea and not a tummy bug! x