Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The nausea is well and truely kicking in :/

Been feeling nauseous after eating or if im hungry for the last few days but today I have really felt it! Felt very sick when I woke up, had a cup of tea and felt like I could handle some toast. After eating it I felt sick and then really sick and then it settled down. Had some lunch, now feel really sick again!! Usually by the evening I feel better but its still not nice. Thought I actually was going to be sick a few hours ago but I just got the hot watery feeling. Is this how morning sickness starts? Im scared of being sick, I used to be bulimic, and Im scared it will trigger something off.How is everyone else feeling? Any tips for handling the nausea?

GB xxx

Replies

• Options
    Big hugs hun. Its a horrible feeling. I feel sick when um hungry and when im full so its a bit if a science trying to eat at the right time and the right amount. Ginger biscuits or arrow root biscuits are supposed to help calm it down or you can get motion sickness bracelets. Try eating little and often and lits of fluids. Hope it clears up soon hun x
  • Options
    Hey, it is horrible isn't it? I am off work again today as I can't stop throwing up. I thought it was starting to go as I have felt better (ish) for the past week but last night and today it is back in full force.
    For me nothing seems to work other than going to sleep, then I wake up and feel sick again. It sucks. I have tried ginger teas, sucking on mints, biscuits, crackers, motion sickness bands - maybe try some of these, one of them may work for you.
    I wish someone had a magic answer as this sucks. I am just trying to focus on end result of a baby! That makes it seem much more worth it.
    I hope you feel better soon, and maybe have a chat to your midwife or Dr about your fear of triggering the bulimea again, sorry I can't offer advice on that but they may be able to give you advice. xxxxx