Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011

Any advice please

Hi all

I am 5 + 1. This is my second pregnancy. Our first was still born @ 25 weeks due to pre eclampsia. I now have to take a low dose asprin and have been doing for a week. Also last week i had the flu jab. Now i have pain all over my body. Its sore to the touch like im bruised everywhere, legs arms back chest the lot. Ive rang NHS direct they said a midwife will call back in the next 2 days as they are very busy and so it doesnt seem like its and emergancy. Anyone had anything similar or have any suggestions. I can cope with the pain its not that bad like i said its like im bruised.

Thanks x

Replies

• when i had swine flu jab at the start of this year, my arm felt the same as you have just described. Sore to touch, to lift etc, felt as if it had been battered black and blue. When i was given it, i was told it may hurt a LOT after - or not at all! So that suggested everyone is different.

I've never had the normal flu jab, but i would reckon it works in relatively the same way.... and possibly effecting people in different ways.

Doesnt it put a little bit of the ''flu'' virus inside you? to then make you immune to it for the rest of the winter. Maybe thats all it is.... a touch of the flu.

Maybe someone else here will have had the same symptoms as you.

You were right to contact NHS though.... hopefully you'll get a call back real soon. image
  • update

Ive been to the docs this morning and he says its a virus. My temp is ok, chest and heart sounds fine, bp is a little low but ok and pee test showed no infection.

He said i will prob start to feel a bit rotten soon (nice) but it wont harm bean (thank god)