Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

pain in lower stomach

Hiya ladies, how are you all?

Right, for the last 2 days now i've had a pain right down low in my stomach, but a little to the right. Its not an ache, or a cramp.... and its not there all the time. Just when i walk (take a step with my right foot) Its not overly painful - but the pain is THERE!

Maybe it could be from lugging my babies pram through the snow yesterday and maybe i've pulled something.... maybe its normal? maybe I'm getting SPD earlier this time round.

Obviously my concern is that it may be an ectopic pregnancy. At what point should i get it checked out?

And those of you who have had to go to the EPU.... did you contact them yourselves? or do you go through the Dr?

Many thanks for the replies in advance. image xxx

Replies

• Hey, I've had an ectopic pregnancy and didn't get any symptoms this early. When I did get pains trust me it's more than a niggle that's a bit uncomfy. It's a pain that takes your breath away and I can only describe it as a really strong pulling feeling. Other warning signs are a burning feeling when you wee and shoulder pain (although i didn't get that one).

Ectopics are very rare so am sure it's stretching pains where your bean is getting nice and settled x