Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone still waiting for scan date?

Title says it all! Feel like everyone is having scans and I'm still all worried there's nothing actually growing in there! Just want to know I'm not imagining it all!

10 weeks today

Replies

• When I was 10weeks preg I was also worried so I rang my local hospital got through to scanning and asked them to have a look when my appointment was and they told me over the phone I didnt get the letter til 3 days before my scan. Could be worth giving them a ring
  • hi mini510 im 10+2 today and like you, never been scanned! very few symptoms too. My scan date is 15th feb which i think will make me 12+6. I booked at 7+6 and was originally offered 7th feb (I would have been 11+6) but sadly and painfully (!!) due to work i couldnt make that date. I got the letter two weeks after booking.

I already had insider knowledge that if i didnt get in the system by 8 weeks the scan gets delayed further and further after 12 weeks. Someone booking at ten weeks might well not end up being scanned before 14. If you booked at 8 weeks i really think they should have some idea by now. And like willowbaby says i think you should give them a ring. Because they'll probably sort it there and then on the phone if they havent already - if you're persistant with them and refuse to put the phone down till its sorted! Scan slots are precious, in my NHS trust theres always at least a fortnight before theres a slot (which would make you at least 12 weeks) so i really think you've nothing to loose by calling. Hope that helps
  • Yes I'm 10+2 and I'm still waiting for my scan date, have a feeling it's not going to come through and I'm going to have to catch them up. I saw a nurse at about 5 wks then had a mw appointment at 8 wks and asked her about a scan date and she said they'll send it through but that will be 2 wks ago monday. Think I'm gonna give them till 11 wks then try and find out! x
  • I should have added actually that I didn't get booked in with midwife until 2 days ago! I tried to get an appointment at 7 weeks but that was the first one they had!