Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Doppler moment....

I am currently 14+4 and due to having a MMC last year a dear friend of mine has offered me the use of her doppler as she miscarried also and on her 2nd pregnancy she found it a complete reassurance.

Having initially discussed it with hubby weighing up the pros and cons (he was really dead against using it incase we couldn't find a heartbeat ourselves) I decided to go for it. My friend did it for me and after a few agonising minutes of trying to find it a heartbeat, there it was.

What an amazing thing to hear...... And as for piece of mind what can I say. I am really starting to relax into this pregnancy although I'm still not at the magical "blooming phase" and doubt I ever will be, I m nauseous, exhausted and my once lovely long, strong nails are in shocking condition, peeling and snapping every day. But do I care ....... NO WAY I'm keeping my little bubba safe and warm image

I even brought my first thing for bubba ( a mobile and some soft building blocks)hubby thought I was a woman possessed and thought it highly amusing as I was flying around the baby section in Ikea (we had actually gone for a desk lol!)

Apologies for my excited babbling, I just feel REALLY GOOD today!!!!!

imageimageimageimage

Replies

• yay, i love my doppler! the only thing i have bought is my double pram cant wait to go and buy our first boy or girl stuff in a few weeks x
  • What a lovely post image I'm a bit scared about getting a doppler in case I freak out too! So glad it's bringing you reassurance x