Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anti-Natal Classes

Is it too early at 20 weeks to be thinking about anti-natal classes and does anyone know how I go about booking them?

x x x x

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev192pr___.png

Replies

• Hi

I have enrolled on the NCT classes. It costs about ??160 and they get booked up quickly. I think though that the NHS do them, but I'm not sure how you go about getting on to them - I guess the midwife will inform you image
  • I'm enrolled in NCT too, booked them end of Dec as I know they get booked up early. 6 week course, first one starts beginning of April...can't wait!!

Zxx
  • We have Parent Craft staffed by HV, MW and physio and Labour in Motion which is MW based, and you have to ring the number and get booked onto the course but they do get booked up quickly, I haven't phoned yet but am only 17+4 so may do it at around 20 weeks. They are provided by NHS and the number I think is somewhere in my notes but if you just contact your MW she will give you advice.
  • I got a leaflet at my booking in appointment with 6 different classes on it all run by MWs in the maternity hospital, only need to book one of them, for the others I can just show up.

So I am not doing any basic classes that I have to pay for. Will started pg yoga on Monday

Still thinking about doing a hypnobirthing class but they are so pricey...

• i got told last time to book the hospital ones after my 12 weeks scan in hindsight they were the biggest waste of time, hubby said everything that was read off the powerpoint (yes ladies you read right!) he had seen in the pregnancy book!

there was no interaction between the mums and the info pretty poor, i would go for NCT if you havent got a good mummy network as it worth the money just for the connections

i dont get NHS ones as a second timer x
  • My area offers 4 2 hour classes

Relaxation, preparing for birth, follow up for when the baby is born and breast feeding.

They do go quickly.I booked mine last week and there was only a few spaces left.

Your midwife should be able to provide you with contact numbers.
  • Piggypops - I'd agree with you... this is my 1st baby and so obviously I have no prior experience myself, but my main reason for enrolling on the NCT classes is that you get the network of other mums, aswell as class sizes being limited to just 6 couples image