Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011

How to say no???

Ladies i need some help on this one...

Both me and hubby only have our dad's around and its the first grandchild for both so obviously they are both very excited. My dad so much so that he has asked if he can come along to the 20 week scan.

Me and hubby are going to find out the sex of bubba and so was looking forward to that special moment together but now I feel that the moment wont be as special with dad there.

I know that sounds really horrible and i do love my dad to bits. I felt that I couldn't say no to him because he has been through such a bad time over the last few years the baby is something that he is really looking forward to.

I,m hoping that the hospital has a policy on the number of people allowed in to watch!!!

Replies

• Hey hun.

Thats a difficult one.

Could u maybe tell him u have had ur letter through to confirm ur appointment and tell him it says on there u can only take one person with u?

xxx
  • it might be different in different places but i thought you could only have one in with you anyway! i know that after they have done the initial scan they will let siblings parents in to have a nosey if your fine with that maybe ask if its possible if he can nip in just to have a look after they have checked baby etc after you have shared it with hubby? might be one possibility! i know it is hard! my mum was at birth of dd and was thinking maybe good to have just hubby this time but think she expects to be there!!
  • i would check your letter most hospitals only allow one person in the room with you so you have no choice but say hes not allowed, maybe you could suggest he put towards a 4d scan that he could go to with you both, you can have a few people at those if there private x
  • I know our hospital has a one person only in the scan - piggypops idea is a good one maybe suggest a 4 d scan together? It's so hard when I had ds my brother wanted to be at the birth he was terminally ill but I said no as wanted just dh and it's the biggest regret I have as he died 6 weeks later. It's totally different to your situation but I know how you feel about it just wanting to be something you and dh share. X
  • Thanks for the advise girls...

I think I will go in with hubby initially to make sure bubba is fine then ask if dad can join us

meaning everyone will be happy, including me...

imageimageimage