Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Names

Names is such a difficult topic between myself and hubby we simply dont agree on anything.

At the moment we have

Belle Jessica for a girl what do you guys think?

or Summer but not sure of a middle name.

We dont have any boys names yet we agree on

Replies

• Options
    love it!!! very nice indeed xxx
  • Options
    All 3 of those names are lovely.

We like Rory or Leo for a boy and Elise for a girl so far
  • Options
    mini510_0 we have a 4yr old leo, such a fab name, not very popular & everyone comments on it!!
  • Options
    I love them especially Summer, it's so so pretty. I think it goes with lots of middle names. I think Summer Rose is beautiful.

If our bubs is a girl she will definitely be an Isabel. If a boy it's so much more tricky as we agree on very little.

I adore Henry but hubby really doesn't (yet!) The front runner of names we both like is Charlie.

This time tomorrow we'll know!xxx
  • Options
    I just can't believe how difficult it is to come up with names, especially when you also have to agree on a name both you and hubby/partner like.

I love Leo to that was on my list last time but we now have Logan and I said no L names this time as I hated having the same initials as my bro.

I really like Belle alot think this is definately our front runner although Summer Rose is a beautiful name. I just wish we could agree on some sort of boys name. I like Elise to very girly ad very different.

I love Charlie mafia, bet your so excited to find out today image I still have 2 weeks tomorrow til we find out if baby co-operates
  • Options
    were having trouble as well. especially with boys names. everything i like, my husband doesnt and vice versa. i really like

girl: lara, lily, leonie (pronounced with the e kinda like in souffl????), or isabella

boy: christopher, aidan, oliver

were finding out the sex at our 20 week scan next week hopefully so then we can maybe start to really shortlist some names.

btw elise is a lovely name but its my mother in laws name so no way am i naming our kid that lol. i like belle or bella as well.
  • Options
    We both love Rhys for a boy but we struggled with girls names, but finally came up with Willow, I love it. I'd like middle names Peter (after my dad, still working on getting my way with that one!!) and May (a little tribute to our angel bean that would have been due in May)

Wow, can anyone follow that? Basically Rhys Peter for a boy and Willow May for a girl.
  • Options
    lisaouk I love Willow May, it's beautiful.

I'm finding lots of girls names I like but not boys. Think we have settled on Isla Grace for a girl and have absolutely nothing for a boy, not even a couple of maybes!
  • Options
    Ooooh its so hard...

We have a big dilemma... if a girl, I would really really like Sophie Elizabeth, Elizabeth after a family member but we have a friend of a friend that we sometimes see with a Sophie and I just dont know if they are too close for us to have the same name. What do you ladies think?

I really like Summer, its so pretty, but my dh is not keen and also what slightly put me off it when there was a baby named Summer in eastenders!image

As for a boy, we already have Charlie, Charles Alexander, we are thinking maybe Joseph (Charlie and Joe, does that go?) but thats as far as we have thought so far as since the nub came backing looking a bit pink we both seem to be assuming girl now.

We have a gender scan in a couple of weeks so not long to start narrowing it down!!

xx