Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Nursery colour of boy/girl

Im planning on finding out at my 20week scan the sex of my baby and was planning on painting my nursery either girly or blue etc but my neighbour had her 20 week scan 2 weeks ago same hospital and was told 99% boy and she paid for a 4d scan yesterday and has just told me its 100% a girl.

This really scares me what happens if I decorate and buy stuff and it comes out the opposite sex image. Now I feel like I should also get a private 4d scan a little later on to check if their right

With my son we decorated the nursery netural colours but buy the ime he was a few months old I found it so bland and boring so wanted more colour and patterns this time.

Are those of us who are finding out decorating our nurserys the colour of bump eg pink/blue?

Replies

• I did with my daughter, well actually we went lime Green but with pink girly touches. This time the new baby will have get Green room and if its a boy we will just change curtains etc so I think I might wait until after birth anyhow to do that just incase.
  • Hey,

I'm finding out tonight (hopefully!) and hopefully 20 week scan will say the same thing.

I am decorating our nursery for either boy or girl rather than neutral. My personal taste is that I like brighter colours as I think they look nicer and are a bit more stimulating for bubs rather than creams/beiges etc.

If it's a girl i'm not big into heaps of pink and lilacs etc and am going for a lovely yellow (brighter than baby yellow but not full on yellow)/white theme with bits of mint green and pinks.

If it's a boy it will be a vintage car theme with blues/greens/ reds and white.

I know what you mean in case they get it wrong but i'm definitely going all out girl or boy!xxx
  • I think I may have to have another private scan surely they cant get it wrong twice.

Im doing my sons room first his is going to be turquoise wall with transport stickers. I also have vintage car curtains so if its a blue bump may just carry the theme into the nursery but maybe using softer colours but not beige or cream.

For a girl I have no ideas yet but it will be girly after having two boys previous think I need to go all out girly.

Well only 2 weeks tomorrow til my scan then can get started on planning my nursery image (thats once the rooms converted into two over easter lol)
  • i was worrieds about this when we went for scan saturday, but she showed us her girly bits so clearly that i will be soo surprised if a willy turns up there in 3 weeks!!

for our little girls nursery we are going more purply & rose floral
  • My friend was having Isabella but ended up giving birth to Lucas! Needless to say she wasnt happy that everything was pink and Lucas still has a pink changing mat!

I did neutral for the nursery which is being used again and at 19 months old my daughter finally has a pink girly room!
  • Im painting the walls cream as im not finding out i'm going to paint Teddy Bear motif's and ABC 123 blocks in reds, yellows, greens etc and get the I love my bear cot set initially image That's the plan anyway then it will do boy or girl image Once i have the baby i'll redecorate when its a few month old maybe image

We'll see image Half of me thinks i can leave the nursery till it's born and then go all out with the pink or blue as the baby will be in my room for a while and then my 3rd idea is to do it winnie the pooh, peter rabbit or something like that! But then i think that the baby might not like the characters so its all a bit up in the air lol!

xxxx
  • We'll be decorating according to the sex. The room my ds is in at the mo is the one the baby will be going into and it's currently blue so it'll need changing if it's a girl! Not sure whether I'm going to bother changing it it's a boy, probably not as we're ds is moving into his new room soon so we'll be decorating that.

You don't hear too much about them getting the gender wrong, so I'll just go with what they say and if they're wrong a tin of paint to re-decorate is cheaper then a gender scan! x
  • Thats slightly worrying as to how wrong they got that - I can understand girls "becoming" boys, due to bits being hidden, but boy to girl??? What happened to the turtlehead I wonder?!?!? LOL! I was worried about this with my first as we found out, but as it was they couldn't see everything they needed to so had to go back for another scan and they confirmed that he was indeed a boy.

Regarding nurseries, we decorated ours in neutral colours despite knowing the gender, I am just one of those people though who likes minimalist and plain things. Very boring really! LOL!