Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pain :(

I was fine when I woke up this morning but then I got in the shower and suddenly had the worst pain in my lower right side. It continued for about an hour and it didn't matter what I did I couldn't ease it. Finally it subsided but now it feels really tender down there. I don't have any other symptoms and baby has been wriggling about so I'm trying not worry too much. Anyone else had anything similar? If I feel the same tomorrow or the severe pain comes back I'll give the midwife a buzz but don't like to bother them ...

Replies

• ... sorry BE posted this thread twice!
  • is it like a ligament pain, i am having quite a lot of pain in my groins/hips at the mo and finding it difficult to get comfy anywhere ro is it more like period stretching pain?
  • It was more of a cramping pain, now it just feels like your overies do the day after you've had bad ovulation pain - a bit like they're bruised if that makes sense??! It might be that baby has kicked me somewhere hard or has sat on a nerve or something!
  • i remember the cervix kicks particualy nasty! ouch
  • Hope it goes for you image if your worried phone the midwife ust to put your mind at ease x
  • G/C from Due in August. If it is tender on your right hand side and near your back it could be an infection. When I was pregnant with my first child I had this pain on my right hand side and it was really tender to touch. I ended up having a Kidney Infection. Could be wrong but may be worth ringing docs or midwife and leaving in a urine sample.
  • Yeah the infection thing sounds right to me, last week I thought I might have had apenicitus (sp) I had such bad pain in my right side above my hip but inside and felt very tender to the touch, it lasted about 4-5 days and I also had a bit of tummy trouble (on the loo sorry TMI) to go with it, my mum had had the same and she's not pregnant. my son then got sickness and dihorrea and then I got that too but now the pain has gone, also my urine sample today had all sorts in it so the MW has sent it off. Just pop to your MW I'm sure she'll get you to do a sample to test.

not nice though hope it clears up quick for you
  • Hi hun,

How are things now? xx
  • Hi sorry only just seen your post macdoona, I'm ok thanks ... think the pains were down to things stretching and me overdoing it the weekend before. I seem to have acquired a bit more of a belly in the last week (slowly starting to look pregnant rather than fat!), so maybe I've just had a bit of a growth spurt! Things seem to have settled down and baby has been its usual active self throughout. Been told off on a number of occasions tho for not phoning midwife so have promised that if they come back I'll be straight on the phone to her!

Hope you are keeping well macdoona, take care of yourself xx