Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011

FAO Ladies who had 16 week Gender Scans

Hi ladies,

I just wondered if any of you have had your 20 week scans yet & had confirmation of the gender? Ours is on Friday but a little part of me is starting to worry that we may have been told the wrong gender. Our sonographer was 100% sure of a boy, lit up the cord so we could see it was not that and reassured me that i could definately start buying blue but i'm still worrying! :lol: Of course the main concern is that the baby is healthy but i've really bonded with this baby since knowing the sex. Did anyone else use Babybond?

L-M-C XXX

Replies

• Hi Hun, on the first lo we used babybond and they were 100% accurate! I know how u feel though as I still worried at the 4d scan that it would turn out to be wrong! Even though I would have loved either sex I had already bonded with my boy! Your fears are shared by lots of mothers to be but I'm sure that u have a boy in there! Try to look forward to seeing him again and put ur worries aside. Like I said babybond were accurate for me and for every friend I've had that used them. Xxx
  • I have my 20 week scan this afternoon as the same thought is running through my mind!! I have literally finished my baby boy's nursery and bought so many clothes and know I saw boys bits but still doubting self!

Starting to worry anyway as my boy is a little on the lazy side- never moves around during scans and pretty much sleeps most of the time. Get flutters at about 5.30pm and sometimes before I go to bed. Just hope he's ok in there! xxx
  • Am having the exact same worry!!!!!

Am sure all will be well though, it seems to be that since being pregnant again, unless I've got something to worry about, I dont feel normal!!!

MrsMP, lots of luck for your 20 week scan, looking forward to hearing how it has gone. xx
  • Thank you for your replies ladies. Glad i'm not the only one whose worrying about everying LOL!

How did your scan go MrsMP? My boy has been the same at scans - at both the sonographers got me to wiggle my hips to wake him up a bit. Must just be lazy boys! I'm sure the anterior placenta's are the reason we aren't feeling as much as everyone else! xx
  • Well he's defiitely a boy, she said " yes, he's a boy to be proud of!" Very long legs and still a bit lazy! He did have a massive stretch so saw his fingers and toes and then went back to sleep again!

Placenta still anterior but not blocking birth canal xx
  • I'm worried about the same thing. Scan tomorrow. I keep thinking that if he's not a boy, he's a girl with a willy and balls, which is a horrific thoughtimage
  • That's what I thought too! I kept thinking what if we had to choose as there were definitely balls at the very least in there to start with!x