Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Nurseries

Now that most ladies have had there 20 week scans or are very close to having them. Was just wondering what themes you have chosen for your nurseries

We are going to go with butterflies and have bunting and lots of bright patterns. I would really like my nursery to have a bit of colur got to wait til after easter to decorate though as having a room converted to make the nursery image

These are the wall stickers we have chosen

http://www.vertbaudet.co.uk/pack-of-41-butterfly-stickers-1-phrase-multi-coloured.htm?ProductId=703183401&FiltreCouleur=0005&t=6

Would love to here all your ideas

Replies

• oh those are lovely! i love butterflies.

we havent really thought about it yet to be honest. id like to buy a cot and a changing table first and the room already has a blue closet in it that well empty and use for our baby. were also leaving the pull-out couch in there. its actually a double bedroom so quite big. other than that ill also see about wall stickers and i have an old poster of a little hawaiian boy that i had framed (souvenir from a holiday to hawaii). its really cute and now i have a reason to put it up again image

might get hubby to come and look at nursery furniture this weekend...
  • oooh i LOVE peter rabbit!!! it was my favourite book when i was little. i also love winnie the pooh. not the disney version but the original. such beautiful illustrations too.
  • That wallpaper is gorgeous Florence08!!! You guys are a creative lot. We don't even have a nursery to decorate yet...kind of don't want to lose our spare room...

Eeeeek!
  • I love the idea of old fashioned toys/ books think thats brill... i really want our nursery o be special as when we moved into our house it was our first house so we have a lot of mis matching items and its not very creative so i really wanna do something nice for the nursery! I too have bought all white nursery furniture (cotbed, chest of drawers and changer and wardrobe)so want to put a splash of colour in with the nursery bedding and books/ toys etc and maybe a feature wall. I need help though because we are not creative at all! x
  • we've just bought some of the Zeddie and Parsnip stuff from Mamas and Papas, not sure about the furniture yet image
  • So exciting!! Ours is almost done, just making some letter tiles for the wall and door with baby boy's name on and got to hang picture and photo frames and then it's pretty much finished.

Like florence i like the vintage look so have gone for vintage racing car theme and mixes with lots of cute gingham. Made wooden bunting last weekend which looks so cute!xx