Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

tight maternity trousers, tiny bump!

Im a size 8/10 and at 19+5 have just sprouted a little bump. Still not always obvious im pregnant to others (depending what im wearing) but i have to have my normal work trousers permanently undone with a long cardy on. Bought some black maternity trousers from new look but at the moment they keep falling down so for a couple more weeks am sticking with normal ones undone! My black mat trousers are a 10 from new look.

I also got some size 8 mat jeans from new look. They fit everywhere lovely so was really pleased and they dont fall down. Put them on when i got home and they felt lovely and comfy. Have eaten my dinner and cant bear the stretchy band on my belly! What a waste of money, i hardly have a tummy, how can i wear these at 25 weeks let alone 40?

Are some types of mat trousers better than others? mine both have a stretchy band at the front (but not a big over the bump panel) x

Replies

• Options
    I am exactly the same Alfie at 19+4, i have to go around with my black work trousers undone under my tunic (in NHS) and i have just bought some maternity leggings in black but the fall down as its not a big bump- just look a little podgy round the middle.... I was wondering about getting mat clothes for the smaller bump so any advice would be welcome! x
  • Options
    To be honest I don't think it makes any difference the size of your bump they are just not comfy! I had a pair over the bump which wee so comfy up to 17 weeks but then my baby moved and the band was pressing so hard on my bladder I felt like I was constantly was going to wee myself! Got some v baggy under the bump ones from next that are so big they make me look teh size of a house but they are so comfy and I don't need to wet myself in them so I don't care! xx
  • Options
    Mine aren't the ones with a stretchy band. I got them from Dorothy Perkins over 2 years ago now and they have elastic bits at each sight with buttons which you loosen as your bump grows. I either wear these or my normal jeans with the button undone and a hair bobble fastened around to keep them together!

I had a small bump last time and only had this one pair of mat trousers. The rest of the time I wore my normal jeans like I said with the hair bobble, some tracky bottom velour type trousers or my normal leggings under the bump. x
  • Options
    I'm GC from Due in July but just thought I'd say I've just got a pair of gorgeous black jeans (although they are more like trousers a bit like chinos) from Mamas and Papas, they were ??30 but there was an offer on and I got them for ??21. I'm an 8-10 and have been fed up with all the size 10 stuff falling down so got the 8's and they are so comfy. They're under the bump with really stretchy sides and I'm heavier on the hip too and carrying low down but they are just lovely. I've seen someone selling them on e-bay too, they've got a silver stitch pattern on one of the pockets at the back.

I find that I have to either go under or fully over the bump, the in-between bands are not good for me at all. I've got a pair of next mat 10's that I have to wear my husband's belt under my bump haha
  • Options
    Ive found the mat trousers with the bands at either size the best for now and buying the size down im usually a 16 but they all fall down so mat pants im buying a 14 image Good luck hope you find something passible x
  • Options
    im normally a size 6 and got some maternity jeans from h&m. they are over the bump ones but i just fold the elastic waistband thingy down. this helps a little to make it stay up but im still pulling them up all the time anyways. im 22+1 now and bump is still small but i hate wearing my normal jeans undone so have switched to maternity. i got the smallest size at h&m, not sure what that is.
  • Options
    I tend to wear low waist skinny jeans and leggings. I find them much more comfortable than the mat jeans.

xxx
  • Options
    I cant wear under the bump maternity jeans they are just to tight on my bump. So I buy over the bump ones and roll them down, they are fantastic. Im too big bumped to wear my normal clothes. Im just wearing over the bump maternity leggings all the time at the minute image??6 for asda maternity