Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Really crap day at work....

Warning bit of a rant coming up.....

I feel like I am being shafted at work at the moment! To cut a very long story short I am a detective on the child protection unit and since going official at 12 weeks I have been banished to an office taking referrals all day... (Basically just answering phones all day)

There is major restructuring going on in our force and a really unnerving time for a lot of people. My team have already moved and I have been left completely out of the loop :evil:

I have requested to go on a course for 6 weeks (its a really important course for my career developement) and as yet nobody will give me a decision and it starts in 2 weeks!!!!

It makes sense to do it now as Im technically not being counted as a member of staff where I am at the moment so SURELY they could spare me.

Whats really pissing me off though is the fact that I have found out today that another girl on the child protection team is preggers and as yet she hasn't been banished to the office like me. HOW UNFAIR IS THAT!!!!!!

Well got home today and burst into tears (not like me at all) Hubby is fuming.......

AAARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Sorry for the long rant but that feels so much better!

Replies

• Options
    oh no poor you hun. that really stinks. i also had a crap day at work. my boss was in SUCH a mood today, god knows what pissed him off. and when i got up this morning i was having a major fat day. really felt like moby dick or something. hopefully well both have a better day tomorrow image
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you've had such a pants day - hope today is better. Is there anyone you can talk to - your boss or colleague...or maybe even the girl who's pregnant - ask what their reaction was to her news??

Also ask them why they've not made a decision on your training course...if they mention you being pregnant I'm sure you have grounds for unfair treatment.

Hope you feel better hun

• Options
    Hey Hun, sorry to hear things are rubbish at work. Since I went official I've also struggled to get any of the professional development that was previously talked about and my review still hasn't happened despite me chasing it since January when it was originally meant to take place. Its so frustrating because unless you have concrete evidence it's so hard to prove that you're being unfairly treated, but that doesn't make it any better. Do you have a HR manager you could speak to? x