Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011

Should I Worry??

Hi Ladies

Had another MW appt today, and this time she measured my tummy for the first time. I'm measuring about 29cm, which puts me over my dates, slightly. image

She didn't seem overly concerned and said the first measurement generally works out a bit bigger, but she wants to see me in 2w and if still bigger, then will have an earlier scan than the one I have booked already in May for a 32w growth scan.

Anyone else measuring/measured big before??

Zxx

Replies

• Hi Zoe, GCing I know! I wouldn't worry hun I have read LOADS of ladies on here measure small or big and it really means nothing as we all carry different amounts of amniotic fluid etc. if they send you for a growth scan they are just checking that baby is not really big or small. Try not to worry hun.x
  • Hi Bob - good to hear from you. Hope you and pink bump are well?

You know me....I worry if I haven't got something to worry about. image

As long as my bubba is ok, that's all that matters I guess. I'm starting to feel regular, strong movement now, which is sooooo reassuring!!

Zxx
  • Me too - she kicks me most of the time sometimes a little too hard but hey it's very reassuring! We're doing fine, I have scans every 3 wks now and she is measuring a little small at the moment but they are not too worried right now next week they'll check again and see how she's doing - I get alot of back pain and starting to get more tired now as the weeks go on - only 9 weeks for me now!!!!! Can't beleive it! Just like you though I worry all the time; if she is moving too much, if she isn't, if I get a tummy ache etc etc. I found a stray dog yesterday and bought it home and now I'm worried that I may have picked something up from it! I doubt it but it gives me something else to worry about! :lol: luckily I have a friend who runs a dog rescue and she has him now and has taken him to the vets to get treated - he is a cute little thing!
  • Wow, 9 weeks left for you....that seems to have flown!! Must be very reassuring to have the regular scans. We have had a few extra as we know a sonographer, so that has really helped with the reassurance side of things.

Hubby has been able to see and feel some kicks too, so he's over the moon. It still feels odd to think there's a little one growing inside, but I really just can't wait to meet her now!!

I've been feeling tired again too, especially last couple of days so think bubba must be having a little growth spurt...!!

You take care,

Zxx
  • i wouldnt worry, they will just keep an eye on you, measureing behind or ahead doesnt always mean anything, i'm yet to be measured x
  • Hi ladies

Just thought I would update this thread. Had the midwife again today and still measuring slightly bigger, so I now have a growth scan booked for next Wed, and I get to keep the one already booked in for middle of May too. Just hope all ok...excited to see our little girl again tho!! Zxx
  • oooh how exciting that you get to see her twice, the scans are 10% accurate either way, hope all goes well x
  • Hi there

I agree, don't worry, at 26 w and 3 days I was measuring 29cm it doesn't mean much I have since had my growth scan and bubs is perfectly average and estimated weight at mo is 2lb 12oz at 29 weeks which is fine xx
  • Thanks for info granby, I wonder if we will find out the estimatd weight at our growth scan on wed - hope so - would be interesting.

Zxx
  • Lovely to see her an extra couple of times! I am measuring a week or so ahead but mw doesn't seem bothered, she said it's not uncommon to be a few centimetres either way really.
  • Hey Z! Good luck for Wednesday. I'm sure you and bubs will be fine.

xx
  • God Luck for the growth scan hope all is well x
  • Hi, I have my growth scan tomorrow afternoon and for some reason I am starting to feel really nervous, just hoping our bubba is fine. I am feeling movement everyday and we hear the heartbeat fine on our doppler, I just suddenly feel really anxious for some reason...? Eeek.

Zxx
  • Hi, well had my growth scan and all measuring spot on for dates. Fluid round baby is fine. We weren't there very long, but did manage to find out if we could have a tour of the maternity wing, and we are booked in for 16th June.

Feel a lot happier now.

Zxx