Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone else experienced this????

Bit of a strange one but last night i stood up from lying on the sofa and experienced a rather painful stabbing like pain very low in my "foof" (sorry tmi) which has continued throughout today. it really is very painful. Has anyone else had anything similar?? My friend seems to think its normal just growing pains or something but it has worried me slightly.

I have a midwife appointment tomorrow so might bring it up....

Replies

• is it in your pubic area or is it inside (if that makes sense?!)

if it is your pubic bone it could be something like SPD. i had similar pains a few weeks back and whilst they are not all the time and no where near as bad as some ladies get them, my mw referred me to a physio who was actually quite helpful!!

definitely worth mentioning to mw though xxx
  • is it right inside, i have had this a lot and put it down to baby booting my cervix as that how it feels?
  • I think its my pubic bone. I mentioned it to the midwife today but she said as long as the baby is moving a lot and i haven't noticed any blood or discharge then there is nothing to worry about.

I have noticed that it is worse if i have been sitting for long periods of time, which when you sit at a desk all day doesn't really help. image
  • my pain is the same hun - it's when i go from sitting to standing. i would keep an eye on it and mention it to your mw next time you see her if you are still experiencing it as you might need a bit of support. in the meantime, keep doing pelvic floor exercises (basically what my physio told me to do!) xxxx