Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Felling rotten, any ideas how to feel better from cold

I know some of you ladies have been ill whilst pregnant, so i am hoping you will have a tip or two. I have been drinking honey and lemon and taking paracetamol but so far my cold got worse not better. feeling totally blocked up and my chest starting to hurt from caughing.

ideas are greatfully recieved.

B.

Replies

• i had this a few weeks ago. it was awful, i really feel for you. the only thing that seemed to make a difference for me was tea tree oil. boil a large kettle of water and pour into a large bowl. add 3-4 drops of the oil and a tablespoon of regular salt. pop your head over the bowl, cover head with a towel (to keep steam from escaping) and breath deeply through nose and mouth for 10 minutes. do this 3 times a day. i swear, the next morning my phlegm was so much looser after having been blocked and coughing for a week.

feel better! xx
  • thanks for that, i am off to try now. x
  • sorry you feel so bad. Not much to add other than vicks vapourrub and olbas oil etc are also ok in pregnancy. Hope you feel better soon x