Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sun is shining

Anyone noticed that its much easier to burn on the sun when you are pregnant? I had a very red neckline about 2 weeks ago just from a short walk so now I don't go out without suncream. How are you all coping with the heat? x

Replies

• I'm loving the sun!!! Not finding the heat difficult at all. I think it will get harder the bigger we get though! Imagine giving birth in heat hotter than this! X
  • I know i told hubby he will need to have our fan on standby as hospital is gonna be hottttttt! Birthing pool may be a lovely idea in the heat if its nice and cool!?! I am loving the sunshine though. I am olive skinned and i have caught the sun even more so now that i am pregnant than i normally would. Roll on finishing work.... x
  • I think the sunshine is looooovvveeely!!! Its makes the world seem a much brighter place and I love the feeling of going home from work and being able to get my ds out into the garden. We ate tea outside last night, it was great.

However, in the car on the way home I was melting and thinking life is going to be HARD WORK if it stays this warm all summer!!!!!

Hope everyone is well today, it is SOOOOO quiet on this forum. xxx
  • I know i come on here every day but its so quiet- i assume everyone else is on facebook? We are going to have tea in garden tonight too.... its lovely! x
  • I love the sun, makes me want to go on holiday though!

I burnt a little on my chest the other weekend when it was first hot.

It's nice being able to have my bump on show this time, with ds I was pg over winter so I was covered up all the time. I've had to buy some summery maternity trousers though where as last time with it being cold I got by with one pair of black maternity jeans and loose jogging bottoms! x
  • hi ladies

im a big sun lover too, went from saying i would sit in the shade when pregnant to deliberately uncovering my shoulders and legs! It feels so good on white, winter skin! Im not putting my bump in the sun and not letting myself get too hot. So far have caught it lovely, got a slightly pink nose first time out in it but thats pretty normal for me! Someone i knew once got big brown blotches in the sun when pregnant that never went away so i make extra sure nothing like that is appearing, as id soon stop if it did.

Am off to italy in june and would love to sunbathe in maternity swimming costume with spf! Do you think this is ok in short bursts if im careful and wont expose my tummy (could obviously put a towel over it). Normally i dont allow any marks and am just there in bikini bottoms but will have to compromise on that a bit this year i think! its bad enough giving up the wine on holiday, dont want to give up the sun completely x
  • Alfie222 I think you'll be fine! I went to Spain when pg with ds and still wore my bikini but just used lots of sun cream on bump. x
  • Hiya ladies, I was really suffering in the heat yesterday but was working in a particularly hot office, love the sun when i'm not at work thou and hoping that it stays around for the long weekend image