Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anyone buying a nursing chair?

i really want one this time as i want to be able to sit and breastfeed comfortably, but im not sure which one to get, we ideally want to get second hand as not sure how long it will get used for, i really like the idea of a wooden one as it will look lovely in our little girls room, but i think i will use it once and be done with it, whereas a comfy padded one i would use longer, im confused!!!

Replies

• Options
    You can get the adden wooden ones but I think they are quite expensive! I used a nursing pillow last time which was excellent! As I have a 15 month old I'm just going to get a nursing sling so I have free hands and can carry on with everything as normal but still have baby close to me! I can't see with two under the age of two that I'll be sitting that often! Xx
  • Options
    We had one in the nursery for our DS and it was SO useful, we did all his night time feeds in there and it was nice and comfy and supportive.

It was also really useful to be able to use if when trying to settle him when small and for reading stories before bed as he got older.

We didnt pay that much for it, I remember at the time that there we really expensive ones out there... I think there is one similar to what we bought in kiddicare for about ??100.

xxx
  • Options
    no, i cant justify it. im getting a nursing pillow too.
  • Options
    yes im still unsure, think i might pick one up from ebay and see how i get on then sell it on again if i dont use it! thanks for your advice ladies xxx
  • Options
    we got a poang from ikea which was great for night feeds, we are re using that again, dont have the space for a proper gliding one nor are they that attractive IMO x
  • Options
    Im not as I know I will never use it. I never needed one with my first so won't need one for this one either. I done all the night feeds in the bed and can't see my self using it at any other times either.
  • Options
    I didn't want one until I started working where I am now. The little girl I look after has one in her bedroom and we love reading stories in it. Plus I find it very relaxing to sit in it. Our nursery is quite small but because I told Hubby I like the one at work he bought one for me. We have it in our living room and everyone wants to sit in it when they visiting. It wasn't the most expensive one, bought on kiddicare. Not sure how much we are going to use it we just have to wait and see but for now I love it!
  • Options
    G/C but I also have a Poang chair from Ikea, ??45 plus a nursing pillow. I love the chair, its comfortable and bouncy!!x
  • Options
    im not as have no room, but have also been told its boring sat feeding for hours on end in one, and that its too tempting to get in bed and feed with the tv on! Cant really have a tv in the nursery i suppose. x