Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011

how's everyone doing?

Hi,

I am now 34 weeks and a few days, my midwife app today went well and on my notes they wrote 4/5 on the pp to brim - does that mean it is 1/5 engaged? I didn't take much notice when she was filling in the boxes and only just read it, I assume that is what it means?? any clues??

this baby boy has had a growth spurt and gone from 60 percentile to just under the 90th... the midwife didn't seem to worried so that is good.

how is everyone else? appointments going well? How are you all feeling?

other than acid and calf muscle cramps I feel really well and energetic at the mo. 1 week left at work!!! YEY!!!

keep in touch, lovely to hear what everyone is up to and how you are all feeling x

Replies

• hello roo

i would take that s 1/5 engaged, yay for you!

i am 32 weeks today! see the midwife in 2 weeks, interested to know if we are still measuring behind, still 1 more week at work, last day next sunday! still feeling quite good at the mo, still managing my zumba class once a week too! image
  • sounds good. I'm 29+4 and just had a letter through today to say I'm slightly anaemic so have to go on iron tablets. Bit mad as never had that problem last time. So have to and have more bloods taken in 2 weeks image not great but hey ho never mind.

Feeling ok but got a bit tearful today after a few busy and stressful days and after my hubby had a bit of a moan about how tired he was and how he shouldn't be doing any jobs round the house this late (asked him to get baby clothes out the loft after tea and he had trouble getting the loft hatch closed as its been broken for about 2 years and he's been threatening to fix it for ever grrrrrr so its his own fault anyway) he does make me laugh or cry whichever way I'm feeling haha

anyway got a wash on now with neutral baby clothes but must have given my newborn stuff away as I can only find 3-6 months onwards so I'll be shopping next month for new stuff that'll cheer me up.
  • Hello!

I am 31+1 today. Still feeling very tired (I never got the burst of energy you are supposed to get - must be my age!) and a little bit sick. Baby is measuring small (around the 10th percentile) so I'm having fortnightly scans to check she's still growing but other than that she is fine - lots of movements. We keep picking a name then changing our minds and moving onto another name! I think it's one of the hardest decisions to make!

• Hi roo,

Me and the bump are doing well at 30+1 today. Midwife appointment next week and then have got antenatal classes to look forward to throughout June.

Still have another 9 weeks at work to go though because am intending to work right up, but after the bank holiday I will be reducing my hours from 8 to 6 which i am looking forward to because am starting to feel tired towards the end of the day now.

Glad everything is well for you

xxx
  • Hi everyone, I've been getting itchy skin, especially round the bump. 32 weeks on Wednesday. Bump seems to have dropped a bit. Midwive thinks he's breech but I'm not so sure because everytime we've had a scan or previous midwife appointment he's been head down. Would be just typical if he's been facing down all the time until now!

Fingers crossed that he is the right way up because I want a home birth.

Antenatal classes start this Thursday.
  • lovely to hear from you all, good luck with the next few weeks, hope everyone has the chance to relax a bit before the babies arrive! I finish work in two days, I then however do have my 2 year old stopping nursery too so not sure if work would have been less stressful than having my baby girl full time again or not... we will see! I am hoping we will get into a nice routine again before the baby comes along... fingers crossed. i am getting very nervous now!!!!

xxx