Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011

stabbing pain at night for 10 mins then stops??

hi,

two nights in a row I have woken up to go to the loo and when getting back into bed I have had a really bad stich like stabbing pain in my right hand side. It really hurts but only for about 10 mins then I fall asleep. i wake about 5 times a night to go to the loo and it has only happened once last night, and once the night before - not every time so don't think it can be a UTI.

Any thoughts?

Should I worry, is it probably just the way I get back into bed? or that baby has moved? It is weird, it is a pain like I would imagine appendicitis to feel like but then goes away as quickly as it comes... weird. It is a worry these niggles!!!

thanks for any advice xx

Replies

• not sure hun. i get some pains sometimes as well and i think its gas and baby pushing in all the wrong places. if youre unsure id ask the midwife. xx
  • I find that when I turn over in bed I get a pain which can be on either side.... Sure its nothing to worry about.
  • Maybe just your muscles having to work hard when they've been at rest for a while.

Check with your MW to put your mind at rest though.

xx
  • I get this sometimes when I turn over in bed at night I've found it only happens at night time and think its ligaments/muscles x
  • thanks everyone,

it only happens breifly at night so I am sure you are all right and just stretching/baby moving pains...

I will ask at my next midwife app unless it gets worse then I'll ring up.

Thanks x