Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Why me???

I have had a really disappointing week this week :

Firstly when hubby came to start the wallpapering in the nursery we found that there was a print error so it had to go back.... Thankfully we had it replaced and its now up (looks fab!!!)

Secondly The nursery furniture was due to be delivered tomorrow but I have had a phone call today to say that the wardrobe and chest isn't available. I was so angry as I had ordered the furniture in JANUARY and specifically chose tomorrow as the delivery date because hubby is off work and was going to set it all up for me. I was really looking forward to having the nursery finished and was going to wash all of my babygrows and put them away and now I have to wait until the middle of JUNE.

Its really stressed me out and now I'm worried because bad things come in threes so whats next????

Sorry for the rant

Replies

• Oh poor you!

Don't stress, maybe you've had a big enough share, so there wont be a third!!

xx
  • That's rubbish sending you big hugs x when we had ds the same thing happened to us the nursery shop took fullpayment in april then told me in august that they couldn't get the furniture till september because mamas & papas shut down over august for 4 weeks so it all arrived 5 days before ds was due so I know how you feel. Hopefully it will get to you quicker than June
  • i had this when we did DS nursery and didnt have a changing table until he was 6 weeks, that was a long 6 weeks as i had a section and couldnt do it on the floor or my lap, the dining table was well used in those 6 weeks!

hope it comes soon and i hope they gave you something to compenstae!
  • A bit of good news.....

Had a phone call last night, the rest of my furniture is being delivered next Thursday so a bit quicker than I had expected so by this time next week the nursery should be finally finished....

Off shopping today with hubby to get some final bits and pieces image