Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011

started mat leave! YAY!

Hi,

I am rather excited as I am now on mat leave, I do have a few small jobs to finish off for work but can do that at home. I am a little nervous how I will cope with this massive bump and feeling shattered as well as looking after my 2 year old, she too has finished nursery except for 1 day a week. I hope we get ourselves into a nice routine and she doesn't throw too many tantrums!

How are you all feeling? I was due 7th July, then my scan changed it to 29th June yet am measuring on 90th percentile... maybe he'll come earlier still??? who knows!

Other than night time calf mauscle cramps and acid reflux I am feeling relatively good!

Keep posting, I love hearing what everyone is up to x

Replies

• i did my last day at work today! not back until march woohoo

i have my little man to keep me busy too hoping not too busy, although night times are becoming challenging again since our stupid neighbours scared him drilling late at night!

you may well be one of your first BA that will be exciting!
  • OOh lucky you! Although you still have a full time job on your hands with having your little one to look after too! I am on a weeks hol at the minute and start my mat leave on 24th June - I cant wait!!
  • That's great that you've finished up work. Hope the loose ends tie up easily.

I feel like a whale, but am still loving feeling bubba move about loads.

Enjoy your mat leave.

xx
  • I have started too. It's a huge relief. Still got my hands full with a 4 year old and 13 month old though and for some reason I am on a mission to clean out my cupboards! I hope you all get lots of rest! X
  • Oh how lovely!

Can I just ask - have they moved your dates because you're measuring in 90th percentile...I'm also measuring in that area and sonographer said that baby was measuring a little big...not booked a growth scan so assuming all OK. Just a little confused as I'm also due on 7 July so wonder whether I'll be early too?

• I finish Fri - yippeeee!! Zxx
  • Hi,

so my first day totally on my own again with my two year old plus being 36 weeks pregnant went really well! We went out to a play group this morning then went for a long walk this pm and played in the garden, she was so good!

Snowie83 - my initial date was based on my LMP, it got changed to the 29th at my 12 week dating scan, I was measuring on the 50th percentile for ages, then the last two appointments he has had a growth spurt and is now measuring was ahead, my dates have not been changed because of this though. I am intrigued by what they will find at the 37 week scan - big baby or lots of fluid? who knows!!!!

I hope everyone has nice last weeks leading up to your leave. ZLS23 friday is so close, not long now!!! image