Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Last day at work - where did the time go???

Hi Ladies,

well am 31 weeks tomorrow and its my last day at work today. It feels ridiculously early to finish but have been struggling with SPD so decided to bring it forward.

It feels very weird...

and pleased and a little bit scared all at the same time.

Hope everyone is well, has anyone else finished yet?

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Have 2 and a half week left, with a day off tomorrow and another day next week. Believe me I counting down. Could bring it forward if needs be but we will have to see. I do have braxton hicks, back ache, SPD the lot but I feel I can manage a bit longer. That might change as I am getting very tired now.

You enjoy your time and keep busy. Have you got more things to organise and buy? Or just have lots of tea and coffee with friends that's what I am looking forward to. image
  • Options
    I am 35 weeks on Monday and finish on Thursday. Believe me I can't wait. I am counting the days. I am exhausted. I don't think I thought my leave through right and should have left either today or last week. At least I know though I only have 4 days left.
  • Options
    I am 34weeks+2 and have got approx 4weeks left. Am due to start the day I go i for my induction. So I can have longer off with baby after she is born As I go back in January straight after xmas. My SPD is horrendous and making it difficult to move, and I am struggling with breathing and exhuastion from anaemia so I am sooooo counting down the weeks. I wish i could finish now but I now being at home would be just as difficult as it involves running around after a 1year old and a 4 year old (with Aspergers)

Not long til our babies will be arriving!!
  • Options
    Am impressed with you ladies, you've lasted longer than me, although I agree, it can feel worse at home with a toddler than sitting calmly in the office!!

alf_n_osks_mum, I take my hat off to you, you must be feeling shattered with all that going on.

Lets hope the next few weeks fly, am ready for this baby now and still got at a good while to go!!

Mind you, not got started on that to do list yet so perhaps best I've got a while left yet!!!

Have a nice weekend everyone, xx
  • Options
    I was signed off at 27weels so dont feel bad my SPD was really bad and my job was stressful and involved a lot of lifting, carrying anf working alone so my consultant wanted me finished!

So dont feel bad i am in awe of any of you ladies who have managed to work beyond 30weeks image

Gosh i cant wait until our babies are all here its really getting close for some of you and has already happened for one WOW! 8weeks for me but if this heat continues im gunna pull the baby out myself lol its killing me haha :P x