Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

hot and bothered!

Blimey I am hot!

How are you all coping with the heat?

I have a fan on me and keep flanneling myself down, I slept last night with a half sized towel (like the ones you use for drying your hair) soaked in cold water, draped over me all night! I was so hot and sweaty!

My DD needs constant entertaining but I do not have the energy to take her out today so we are playing lots at home with the fan on us, we've made cakes, we have filled the paddling pool ready to go in after lunch! I am doing things in really little bits then having to sit down to cool off. Poor little thing she must think mummy is acting very strange!

Where is this baby????????!!!!!!

Still no signs!

bye x (39+5) 8)

Replies

• Me me!!!!! Hubby has now got me a foot spa thing, which I have used with very cold water - absolute bliss on the ol feet!!! Zxx
  • I'm not too bad at the moment our house is really cool in the day it's old and has no cavity so stays really cool however night time is a different matter as the bricks heat up and our bedroom is like a sauna its already 25 degrees up there goodness knows what temp it will get to tonight! At least you are both nearly due i've still got 3 weeks to go so hoping this hot weather doesn't last too long. Hope you both manage to cool down x
  • Yesterday was worse for me as it was so humid and we popped out in the car, big mistake. But our living room is really cool and we have shaded areas in the garden too so can keep quite cool if we stay home, but like you mrsgood07, our bedrooms are roasting by the time we go to bed. The fan's in my son's room as his is the last to get the sun on it so it tends to get quite hot but I'll have to get another for ours for when the baby comes. My mum gave us a good idea a few years ago though, if you freeze a big bottle of water and stand on a tray with a towel on, then put the fan behind it, its a bit like home made air conditioning as it blows the cold air off the frozen bottle, rather than just blowing warm air around. We do this before bed to try and cool the room down if it has been very very hot.
  • G/C from DIA but god im dying...im thinking of moving to alaska until im due lol you ladies are heroes...i hope July & August arent so hot or im gunna pull the baby out myself lol! Good luck to you all image xxx
  • its awful! i'm not great with heat anyway and this is taking the biscuit it so muggy image