Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My BS with Pics

Hi Ladies

Thanks to my lovely bump buddy GlitterBug for posting my BA.

Finally got round to writing my BS - sorry if its a bit long!

Below are a couple of pics of our little girl, Jazmine Faye, born Friday 15th July at 0056. She weighed in at 8lb 9oz. She's totally gorgeous!!

Quite a quick labour - went into antenatal at 3pm on Thurs to be induced as some of you know, had a pessary at 3.50pm, was told by midwfe that things didn't look too favourable "down there", then had some tea at 5.30pm. My waters went at 8.30pm, fully dilated and pushing at 23.55, born 00.56, so one hour one minute to push her out!

They classed my total labour time, for all 3 stages, just 2 hours 2 mins! Nuts!! And I survived on just gas and air for the contractions - no pain relief for the pushing part!! I actually think the contractions were more painful than the pushing at times!! Didn't take long after for the placenta either. In fact, my placenta was very unusual apparently and the student midwife actually asked our permission if she could take a picture of it for study!!

They wouldn't let me back up to post natal until I had a wee, which seemed to take an age, but they were fine as it was quite quiet then down in delivery, so we were left alone for a good few hours, just the three of us. Had tea and toast, then managed my wee and was helped out to have a shower and freshen up before taken by wheel chair to post natal, where I had to say bye to Mr Z, it was about 6am then, so we were in delivery for quite a while thinking about it. Hubby then went home to freshen up etc and was back again in a few hours.

Unfortunately, after 2 days of bleeding nipples and severe pain - (I was constantly getting the midwifes to check my latch at every feed and was told that Jazzie was latching perfectly, but that she had an unusally strong sucking reflex) - and after trying everything, I just couldn't continue now we are home. Both of us were getting stressed and poor ol hubby was upset to see us struggle.... Never mind, she is now such a chilled, contented little darling and bottle feeding going very well. Hubby is loving feeding her and winding her. She is sleeping great too.

Initially I was beating myself up about this as I was sooooo intent on doing the ol breastfeeding, but it just wasn't to be. I feel so much more relaxed now, I just want to enjoy every day with her.

Think we're both still a little emotional after our turbulent year with 2 previous mmc, but we finally have our little angel safe and sound.

Sorry...just realised this has turned into a bit of an essay!

Big congrats to all the new July mummies. Its an amazing thing to finally hold your own baby. I'm totally in love with her!!

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc455/ZLS23/P7160040.jpg

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc455/ZLS23/P7150024.jpg

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc455/ZLS23/P7150031.jpg

Replies

• Options
    Ah congratulations, she is absolutely gorgeous! so lovely to hear of a happy ending to a difficult journey image
  • Options
    Ah Zoe, what a sweetie! I was keeping an eye out for all the info! So glad it all went well for you. Don't beat yourself up on the BFing - I went through the same thing, as I was loving BFing Holland but she just didn't get enough milk from me as she was a 'lazy feeder' the lacation ladies words! So I now express exclusively and feed her, I miss BFing but we need to be happy and our dd's need to be healthy and that is what matters.

Big Congrats, it's been a huge long journey for both of us and it's so great to see your pics and listen to how happy you are.

BoB & Holland.x
  • Options
    She is so beautiful!! Congratulations, it sounds like you did the whole labour thing brilliantly!! You and Mr Z must be so proud, she is lovely. Do not beat yourself up about the whole breastfeeding thing - a contented and happy baby is the most important thing, and little Jazmine sounds like she is doing brilliantly! She really is gorgeous, congrats, congrats, congrats!! xx
  • Options
    Oh she's gorgeous and well done you.
  • Options
    congrats hun! shes absolutely beautiful. xx
  • Options
    Congratulations she is absolutely gorgeous image x
  • Options
    congratulations! What a lovely BS and so quick too! The photos are gorgeous, she is beautiful.

Please don't worry about the breast feeding side of things, out of all my antental mummy friends from my first baby half of us did BF half of us didn't and 2 years on you'd never ever tell which toddlers had breast fed. They are all perfectly happy, healthy toddlers full of energy and sparkles, all bonded and love their mummies utterly and totally. Like you say you can now relax and enjoy every single second with your baby girl. There is too much pressure nowadays to do it and it really doesn't matter how you nourish your child. She is perfect! Massive congratulations again xxx
  • Options
    Congrats....she is gorgeous....only 4 more sleeps before my little girl is here cant wait!!
  • Options
    Huge congratulations! How lovely to hear a really positive BS! SHe's absolutely gorgeous, so happy for you!xx
  • Options
    Congratulations, lovely to hear that your induction went smoothly and not too long to deliver, makes a change from the horror stories I've heard.

Glad you are now comfortable with the feeding, and enjoying being a mummy image x
  • Options
    Massive congratulations hunnie, glad that you're both doing well

Lots love

xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations, she is gorgeous! And such a pretty name too. Glad the induction went well and you had a good experience! image
  • Options
    Zoe you're a Mummy!!!! and wow, she's stunning!! Congratulations to you and Mr Z.

xxx
  • Options
    congratulations, she's lovely!
  • Options
    Hi all - thanks for your lovely comments, they really mean a lot. Being a mummy is everything I expected and more!

Zxx
  • Options
    ZLS23,

I have just read your birth story and I am so thrilled for you. I remember your 2nd mmc as I was about 10 weeks with my little girl following a mc in Feb, and I was gutted for you. So pleased that it has all worked out for you, Jasmine is absolutely perfect - enjoy every minute.

Becky x
  • Options
    Hi hun!

So so pleased to read this!! You totally deserve this experience and i'm so pleased to hear your enjoying it! Please don't beat yourself up about breastfeeding! It's blimmin hard and there are so many rules! I got cracked, blistered and bleeding nipples despite good latch so i know how you feel! Maddie is bottle fed and perfectly healthy and happy so little Jazmine will be perfect image

Congratulations hunny!!

xx
  • Options
    she is gorgeous! well done you sounds like an amazing birth! jasmine has the death grip when it comes to feeding hoping she settles down before they drop off, hubby is really missing bottle feeding this time x
  • Options
    Oh she's gorgeous, many congrats image
  • Options
    I cant believe she is a week old already!! xx