Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

One Week Old Aleady

Hi those that are here

I can't believe that my little girl is one week old already!

Its been a tough week, a learning curve for all three of us, but on the whole, I really can't complain, she's sleeping and feeding really well. She's had 2 baths and some "tummy time" which she really enjoyed.

Have been out of the house once so far, as I had a docs appt, so we took her too. Blimey...getting her organised was like a military operation!! Next outing is Sunday, as we have lunch at my folks.

I'm feeling much more confident about everything, the thing I have found is just to take time and not rush and panic when she cries or needs changing. I just try and take it all in my stride and keep her calm as much as possible.

I have to say my husband has been amazing, because we are bottle feeing, he has wanted to share that, and he loves winding her too, his fav position is with her over his shoulder...she looks so cute and tiny.

Am waffling now.... hope you all ok?

Zxx

PS I obviously can't spell Already and it won't let me change it in the header!!! image

Replies

• hi,

sounds like you are settling into life with your little girl really beautifully, I think you are absolutely spot on by saying to be calm and not stress when they cry. I used to worry with my DD and be a little anxious when she cried - especially in public, but this time round I feel much more chilled out.

I am now however remembering this feeling of absolute shatteredness! It is rather overwhelming, it's the having to get up in the night when he is wanting feeding. I am hoping Finley is like his big sis and drops one of the feeds at 12 weeks like she did. That was a turning point for us last time and suddenly made me feel more human all of a sudden!

well keep smiling and enjoying your little girl, you sound like you are doing amazingly well, it took me about 4 weeks before I went out last time!!!

big hugs xxx
  • aww glad all is going well, we are doing the od bottle as hubby really missed doing that, it lovely to see them together, i am much calmer this time round than last which i think makes a calmer baby!