Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Being induced in 5 days!!

imageimage

cant get my head around it!! im hoping something happens sooner but then again not as have polyhydramnios and worry about placenta abrubtion/prolapsed cord etc

I was induced with my first at 41+4 this time its at 39 weeks!!!

baby weighed 9lb 4oz at my scan yesterday so im hoping thats kinda wrong!!!! :roll:

Replies

• Options
    ah sammybump, sorry this isnt the news you wanted. I guess better to get baby out before he/she is much bigger. Are you being induced coz of baby's size alone or polyhydramnios as well?

The scans are often inaccurate about size - sometimes they're very inaccurate. They look at skeleton size and estimate for the flesh on top - which varies! How big was your last baby? They never worry if you've managed to deliver a similar sized baby as they know this one will pass through ok.

I understand you being scared though - im started to get agitated if i think about labour too long, and i know it can be added stress to be induced. You'll be fine though get your birth plan sorted so you know how you want to play the big questions (pain relief, delivery of placenta, feeding and vitamin k for baby after birth etc). Also have you got a tens machine? can still be useful at the start of induction. Might make you feel better to get things sorted - nursing bras, bags packed etc. Sorry but im a bit of a control freak and know doing these things will help me! At least you know you don't have a long wait and you're right, you might go into labour first. Think raspberry leaf tea, sex (yeah right :lol: ) hot curry and sitting on birthing ball. Can't wait to hear how things go xx
  • Options
    Thanks alfie its all a bit nervewracking isnt it especially when you know your going in, but youve just gotta get through it!!

havent got a tens machine but thinking about it, might go and pick one up this week, i so hope baby is the wrong size!

hope your pregnancy is going well, when are you due ?? xxx
  • Options
    hi sammybump

im due 18th august so 36+3 today, already impatient, feel huge, the thought of 14 days over due date - which i know happens to lots of 1st time mums - fills me with horror.

After symptom free pregnancy am now suffering the inevitable discomfort from being big, heartburn for the first time and nausia, particularly car sickness! Lots of weeing and sleepless nights. Tummy looks like a giant elongated boiled egg and just can't see where else it can go!

I know from my job the worst thing you can do is get your heart set on being early, but have gone ahead and got my heart set on that just the same! Want to save my poor belly and body from more stretching - would be happy with 37 weeks! The reality is most 1st time mums make their due date image

how do you feel now about induction? I know its not nice but at least you avoid the very late pregnancy moans and groans (I know you'd still rather not be induced, but may as well see the bright side!)

You can hire tens for next day delivery, i just sorted mine ??27 for 6 weeks.

I guess sometimes ignorance is bliss and after having had a baby already i think sometimes knowing what's coming makes it harder. All births are different though, hopefully with the head well down even if it does come to induction it will be quick. And if not don't be a hero - induction is hard work and epidurals are wonderful! Plus as you've had a baby vaginally already theres a good chance you would push this baby out even with one on board.

When's the big day if you don't go into labour? And fingers crossed you do! xx
  • Options
    i know how you feel, its not nice, i think you find you etch it in to you that at 37 weeks (term) that well the babys ready and baby will just come, but most it doesnt and then from then on it gets depressing everyday that goes past!! tbh im looking forward to being induced now and really just hope it goes smoothly and quickly just want baby back home and safe. where did you order your tens machine from? this thursday is induction day so not long to go!!!

hope all goes well, will be looking out for your ba on here hopefully wont be too much longer for you & will let you know how it oges thursday!! xxx
  • Options
    hi sammybump

ordered it from babycare tens on the internet, main supplier for boots and tesco. they wont let me have it till thurs as thats when i hit 37 weeks. They dont do any harm before 37 weeks but i think the emphasis is on not encouraging you to stay at home and cope if you're in preterm labour! They would get it to you for next day after you've ordered.

I then got an annoying answer message on my phone and an email trying to get me to buy it for 14 more pounds as they are useful for pains after birth (they are not, have never seen them used in this way!!) you get it for 6 weeks anyway so will see you through and beyond!

im sure 37 will come and go! ha ha. Am getting more periody feelings and pressure but baby has been engaged since 31 weeks. Already feel sick of pregnancy so its not good - although mainly at night after eating just dont know what to do with myself.

Think ive been staying in cleaning etc too much and feeling the walls close in, may need to have a trip out to see someone daily. Psychologically i dont think its good to dwell on it (labour, and when it will happen!) when i was working everything went so quick, i though pregnancy in general would drag but it certainly hasnt till now.

please let us all know asap after baby is born, although i know baby expert wont be your priority! Very exciting these august babies are arriving. Just think, all that room back for your bladder/lungs/ribs - what a luxory :lol: xx
  • Options
    good luck for tomorrow sammybump! Will be thinking of you, you are strong and a fantastic mummy, you'll be great, soon you'll have your beautiful little one in your arms.

xxx
  • Options
    Good luck sammybump!

Hope you have a calm and quick birth experience,

cant wait to hear your BA x