Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

nearly there now! Big pain this morning!

hi ladies

so at 37+2 i started on the raspberry leaf tablets yesterday. I also started hand expressing before bed for 5 mins each side, just to get a bit of colostrum out. I know this sounds gross but its good for getting things going and also, the main reason im doing it, is to try and start milk supply off to get the feeding going smoothly (have not leaked in pregnancy at all). My routine at night is quite long now - i do 100 pelvic floors, take pregnacare, take raspberry leaf, cocoa butter my tummy/boobs/bum etc and hand express ha ha :lol:

Had a dream last night that I was going to come on - i had awful period pain in the dream (am never pregnant when i dream) anyway, the period pain got worse and woke me up at 0815 this morning my whole belly was tight and i was having a crushing pain in my lower back, top of legs, cervix (i used to have horrendous periods as a teenager that made me vomit and it felt like this) image i rolled on my side and breathed through it, at the same time thinking oh my god is this the start! My tummy didnt go soft for ages. Lay there waiting for another one but it never came :lol:

think i was jumping the gun a bit as still only 37 weeks with first baby and i know labour isnt as simple as one pain :lol: but have had more pressure/period twinges and much stronger irregular braxton hicks all day (although these have only been tight). i wonder if it was the raspberry leaf and hand expressing having some affect so will keep going?!

Just wanted to share. Probably wishful thinking, but seening all these august ladies having babies too is making me think i hope im one of the lucky, early ones! Will probably go to 14 days over if i jinx things too much. image

Replies

• Completely GC'ing here but I wanted to say that don't bother with the hand expressing, there's no need! Your body knows exactly what it's doing with the milk production and you don't need to give it a helping hand - I didn't leak at all during pregnancy and I still managed to breastfeed and had a good milk supply.

Good luck with everything! x
  • thanks mrs kp. Im sure you're right, most peoples bodies are geared up for it! Its just have seen women devastated because they dont have enough milk, and while not leaking in pregnancy definately doesnt mean things wont go right, those that do leak always seem to have tonnes when it comes to the feeding! Definately half the battle!

Plus it does stimulate oxytocin, which might start labour if things are getting there anyway, tbh will do anything to help things along. Since ive been doing the hand expressing and raspberry leaf have much more twinges and tightenings, don't know if its one or the other or both or coincidence!x