Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011

How are we all yummy mummies?

Hi,

Finley is now 4 weeks and a few days old and already growing and changing so much!!! He is making lots of coo-ing noises, he's loving his cot mobile and is smiling!!! amazing!!

Things are starting to fall into place, I feel like I am getting more used to having a toddler and a baby. He is still feeding lots but going longer between night time feeds. My hubby is giving him a bottle of formula at 7pm every evening which gives me a longer break between breast feeding him so I take that time to relax and have a bath or go to bed early.

My DD is coping amazingly well and the tantrums we were getting a few weeks ago are almost non-existent now which is a relief.

I am struggling to keep them both cool in this heat, we have fans going and cold paddling pools for my DD. I find baths really settle Finley, I guess is helps cool him down a bit.Yesterday he did lots of naked wiggle time on his mat which he loved! and he slept all night in just a vest.

how are you all getting on? enjoying motherhood I hope? I hope all of you are healing well after the birth, and hormones are calming down (mine seem to be finally settling this week, I feel less shattered and more normal again).

well cant wait to hear some replies of how you are all getting on.

xxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Hi Roo, we are doing fine. Jazzie is coming up for 3 weeks this Friday - time has seriously flown.

We had HV round today and she now weighs 10lb 12oz!! She certainly likes her bottles. She's thriving and doing really well. Definitely an Aussie baby as sleeps a fair bit in the day, but doesn't settle all that well at night....

This hot weather has been a bit of a nightmare though like you say, tho our flat keeps reasonably cool, which is good.

Zxx
  • hi, we are doin good, freya is 3 and a half weeks, time feels like its flying by.

shes smiling and gurgling and is really active for her age!awake through the day and she sleeps practiclly through the night, only on the odd occasion she wakes at about 4ish for a feed then back to sleep.

just loving being a mummy image

xx
  • Hello Everyone!

Glad you guys are getting on well.

We're settling in fine. MissG is loving her new wee brother, although we've had a few tantrums as well (but that could also just be related to her reaching that age too!). I think you said in an earlier post Roo that you found your LOs tantrums heartbreaking and I totally know where you're coming from. I've been in tears seeing her get so upset because I know we've kind of 'done' this to her by introducing the wee man into her life. I just have to keep thinking of the reasons we chose to have Zak, so that MissG can have a sibling to play with and I don't think I'd ever have been happy if we didn't have a second baby. She really has taken to him well, but I keep hoping she wont remember any of the negative bits of dealing with a new sibling, like sharing her parents image

Zak is thriving. Got him weighed yesterday and he's put on 320g in a week image So I might be exhausted and sore from all the feeding, but he's taking to it really well!! My (.)(.) are well onthe mend now, and sometimes I understand why feeding is supposed to be pleasurable. I hope it wont be long until it doesn't hurt at all.

My main problem at the moment is feeding out and about. I really feel the need to release my whole boob from my bra - not just my nipple (did it once with the nipple only out and my boob hurt like mad for a day), so I have just ordered a Bebe Au Lait cover from Amazon and can't wait to get it and try it out.

Anyway, better go! MisterG has a crying newborn and a boysterous toddler on his hands at the moment and keeps asking what's taking me so long on the computer image

Catch up soon.

xxx
  • Hello ladies,

Lovely to hear from you all. Sounds like all the babies are thriving and all getting on well.

Mrs sparks - wow to sleeping through the night... any tips????? I guess at this age it is down to each individual baby, I thought we were doing well with Finley going 2-3 hours through the night (although last night was a nightmare I think due to the heat, he woke and ate almost every hour!!!!)

MissusG - yes the tantrums were heartbreaking but I am sure she won't remember, i think it is us mummy's who actually suffer more! The other day my mum took her out for a walk and she HOWLED, had the biggest tantrum infront of me, my mum said within minutes of leaving the front door she was happy as larry pointing out cars, lorries and cats! MENACE!!!

I'm glad the breastfeeding is feeling better. I totally understand what you mean about breastfeeding in public but I came to the conclusion with my DD that I have to feed her so if people have a problem then they just have to deal with it. I too have to get my whole breast out or he won't latch on properly so I just whip it out! My mum hated it and got all embarrassed, that made me mad as it is reactions like that which makes it harder on us mums. I do wear the ??1.50 vests from primark under my tops so I lift up my top and so the only part of me on display is my boob, which is very quickly hidden by the baby.

Well, lovely to hear from you all, keep the posts coming. I do love chatting to other new mummies on here. Lots of my friends have toddlers the same age as my DD but none of them have 2nd children yet so it;s nice to have you lot to chat to, even if it is only over babyexpert! it is a lovely support network x
  • hi roo, i honestly dont know how she sleeps so long :lol: she has a bath around 7 then a feed, another feed around 9 then she sleeps for ages. she loves her baths so maybe this relaxes her?

• Iam sooooo jealous of you mrsparks......

Phoebe doesn't sleep at all well during the night in her cot. She quickly drops off whilst being cuddled but then as soon as she is put down she wakes and becomes VERY grumpy. Me and hubby are having to do shifts sleeping in the spare room, probably only getting a couple of hours of sleep each.

The first week was the worst, I had 9 hours sleep across the whole 7 days. image

We are trying to get her into a routine of sleeping less during the day and putting her down at the same time every night but she is not playing the gane....

Having said that we did have a better night last night so hopefully she is about to turn the corner image
  • I agree Roo - mummy and daddy suffer more than the kids! We wont forget these incidents, but they most likely will!

Good for you being brave enough to whip out the boobie in public! It really shouldn't have to be covered up at all, but I feel really funny about it (like I'm challenging people to have a problem with it), so will be much more confident if I'm covered. In addition, I have H-cup mammaries, so even once the wee man is attached, there's still plenty flesh on show image

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Catch up soon.

xx