Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

due 28th july and still waiting! anyone else

arghhh... i so thought she would be here by now....

im now 10 days overdue with no signs of anything happening, my last midwife appointment was on thursday where all looked fine but babys head wasnt engaged and my secopnd attempt a a sweep failed... so i do feel a tad fed up...

i now have an induction booked for tuesday 9th but so hoped things would happen before then, is anyone else in the same boat and still waiting.

wf x

Replies

• Yep! I'm still waiting.

I was originally due 31 July, but at my scans my dates got moved to 3 August so I'm not as overdue as you but it's still driving me up the wall. I think part of my problem is that the midwife seemed to think I would go early so I feel disappointed! And of course now everyone wants to know all the time if I have twinges, had the baby etc... so annoying!

I feel as though I may now go all the way to induction (which is not booked, but I think would be on 15th) which I had really hoped I wouldn't.

I hope your baby comes soon x
  • I feel your pain ladies. Jazmine was 12 days overdue. I was induced with her. I guess they just come when they are ready!

Mrs P, I too got really fed up with the constant texts asking about twinges etc. Did my head in!!

Fingers crossed things happen soon for you both.

Zxx
  • G/C from born in March but I can sympathise ladies! Harry was due 27th Feb but arrived 11th March, after two failed sweeps. I was induced and he arrived 12 days late. I didn't have a twinge, no signs, nothing. And I also got fed up with people asking if there was any news.

Hope your babies don't keep you waiting too much longer!

xx
  • hi,

thanks you for your replies, although i know there is an end in sight its good to here from other ladies who have gone through it. I so hope my induction works quickly, i just want my little baby here now and never dreamt id be this late!

xx
  • good luck for tomorrow!
  • Good luck, hope it goes well today x