Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Contraception advice

I had my 6 weeks post natal check today and the Doctor discussed contraception with me. I was on Micrognon Pill for years then it started giving me migraines so Doctor took me off them and started me on Cerazette Pill but this sent me crazy and affected my moods so I came off it and this was when I started to ttc. Today the Doctor said that they wouldn't be able to give me any pill today as the both seemed to have affected me. She said that my options were either the bar in my arm or the coil. They can't give me the injections as they don't usually recommend them to underweight people as they tend to affect none density. I am underweight since I had the baby. Has anyone ever had the Coil or the bar inserted in their arm? I have no idea what to do. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Options
    Hi I had the implant before having my ds. I got on with it fine and it was great as it lasted 3 years. I'm going to have it put in again actually now I've had my dd. x
  • Options
    Illbe going back to the mirena coil i think!

• Options
    after years of hormones i suddenly don't fancy putting hormones in my body anymore. Have to say though the thought of condoms scares me - doesnt feel protected enough - i hate the idea of carrying a foreign body inside me too! Don't ask me why as i know its all sterile.

It really is NOT an option for us to get pregnant again for a good couple of years, probably longer, we just couldnt afford it, have no room, and have a feeling this LO will put enough stress on our relationship for now. It is something i'll have to think about, don't want to just be slack about it.

Sorry hun, this is not helping you! Have heard mixed things about the coil - usually good things, it can hurt being put in (nothing after a baby probably though!) but most people barely notice it and it's very low maintenance after that! By the bar do you mean the implant? I heard that has 100% success rate there's never been a single unplanned pregnancy on it. They're both hormonal methods though and i don't think you realise how they affect you till your body is doing things au naturel again!

Are you breast feeding too as some of the hormonal methods affect that, although im sure your GP discussed that.

Fantastic news that you have no baby weight to loose though - very jealous! Hope you are feeling well x