Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011

I had a night out....!

When I say a night... it was actually 2 hours!! image

My hubby plays in a band and they have a new singer who I have wanted to see for a while, and as they were playing at my fav pub in town Fri night, I asked my folks to come and babysit.

They got to mine at 7pm so I could get ready, then I fed Jaz, changed her (she poo'd and then decided to wee everywhere!), then was v grissly, almost as if she knew I was leaving!!

I settled her down, then mum took over. She was fine, falling asleep in her arms. However, I then fussed for a further 20 mins or so explaining everything about bottles and nappies etc, then finally left home. I felt v emotional in the car and nearly turned back at one point! I then probably texted about 10 times and phoned home too, just to check all ok.

I was only gone about 2 hours, but although I had a nice evening, (hubby didn't know I was coming, so was a nice surprise for him), I did constantly worry!

I got home and she was fast asleep and had been very good, bless her!!

I don't think its something I will do all that often....but it was nice for a couple of hours.

Has anyone else ventured out yet??

Zxx

Replies

• its daunting isnt it, i havent been out yet as we have noone to look after our two, the only family we have here is MIL who i wouldnt trust with a flea after her cock ups with DS when he was little, i am going for a meal with the girls in sept so that will be my first night out!

it does get easier and is certainly better when you 100% trust the person they are with! x
  • I am having my hair cut on Thursday evening at 7pm... am very nervous about leaving Finley and that is with my husband who I totally trust and obviously he will be fine, I am just nervous he won't take the bottle and will want boob... oh well - hubby will just have to entertain him till I return!

With my DD she was 12 weeks when my mum looked after her and my hubby and I went out to dinner, was wonderful but I did text my mum about 10 times and we only lasted about 2 hours. It does get easier leaving them... eventually!

xxx
  • I had my haircut this weekend, and lo is 4 weeks. My OH looked after him fine, Id expressed a botle to keep them going!

My first night out will be next weekend, but the restaurant is only round the corner so i can get home quickly is needed.