Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Its my due date........

AND NOTHING!!!

tired and fed up now!

walked around the metro centre for four blinking hours yesterday and not a sausage!!!

plus i am rather irritated that certain family members decided to text me at 7am telling me its my due date........yeah like id forgotten!!

oh well sweep and induction date tomorrow :evil:

Replies

• ah baileywithbump, the end must be in sight for you now. I do sympathise im 39+4 and can't see beyond due date - i've been more uptight every day. The emotional side of things is harder than any physical hardship for me. I have constant texts/calls even though ive reassured everyone ten times over ill tell them when its happening. Thurs (my due date) is going to be hard as they will all be texting early as they have to you - and I feel like im letting them all down that my body isnt doing it!!

the reality is statistically, with first babies, we're all probably going past our due date but doesnt stop everyone expecting it weeks in advance.

You have a much higher chance in the 24 hours after your sweep. I will be induced 1st sep if no baby by then, it seems inconceivable and horrible thought to go that far! My OH keeps saying lets set our sights on 1st sep and anything else is a bonus. Grrr, irritating! Not ready to give up yet, not even due till thurs!

Trying to keep active, spending lots of time on birth ball (and i do tighten more on it and get lots of pressure) having raspberry leaf and pineapple. Tried one hot curry but just made me feel ill so not ready to try that again unless i have to :lol: good luck for a bambino very soon! x
  • Hey,

thanks for replying!

this is my third baby, both my daughters were overdue so im not surprised this one is! Seems my family are very shocked though lol

good luck for thursday, hope your baby shows up soon!
  • oh, sorry hun, i probably already knew that. Hopefully an easy quick labour for you with number 3! Sending lots of good birth vibes your way x
  • Girls I'm starting to struggle too! I've been in slow labour for days now and even though I've lost my plug I'm having to wait it out at home. I'm constantly getting calls asking any news, any more contractions, have your waters gone...waaaaaaaaa! Ha!

I was in slow labour with my first for two whole weeks before gave birth, but birth was easier for it so I guess it's not all bad! My midwife told me she would give me 100 pounds if I made it to last Wednesday without giving birth! Urg...I think she should give me 200 now!

Hope some movement happens for you soon.
  • hi artysmam

sorry to hear you're so uncomfy...it's so crap waiting isnt it...I think your midwife owes you for making promises that get your hopes up!

Im going to beg for a sweep at 39+6 antenatal tomorrow - they're usually done from due date but hoping she'll sneak it in a day early as not my fault how the clinic falls.

One minute i have an energy surge where i feel excited - like today will be the day - next minute i feel exhausted, no energy, tearful, fed up and grumpy :evil: don't like the emotions im feeling much, ready to get on with it!

i hope your bambino comes as easily as possible for you, and soon xxx