Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Belle Jessica Lily

Only just got round toi getting on here things been a bit manic

Just wanted to say my baby girl Belle Jessica Lily arrived on the 25th August weighing 8lb although that weight is now being questioned as she dropped down to 6lb 10oz and she did not look ill despite supposedly losing such a dramatic amount of weight midwife rekons she was about 7lb 3oz but hey ho cant change it now.

Managed to breastfeed Belle for 3 weeks but have now got mastitis and thrush and have ended up really ill have put her onto formula now

Glad to read all the other ba's hope those who are still waiting babies come soon

Replies

• Big congratulations willow... glad you are settling in. Sorry to hear about the mastitis- that sounds really painful and uncomfortable, at least you gave feeding a good go though..

• PS Really lovely name xx
  • congratulations willow baby! I agree, a beautiful name. Sorry to hear you've had some trouble with feeding, hoping things are settleing for you now. xxxx
  • Congratulations. Glad you are both doing well and hope you are feeling a bit better soon.
  • Congratulations with your baby girl - a lovely name.

We had the same issue with the weight of Emilie-May

She supposedly weighed 7lb15oz when she was born but we had an issue that non of the newborn clothes fitted her(They were all massive and we could have fitted 2 of her in 1 babygro!). We had to go out and buy a wardrobe of tiny baby and early baby clothes.

She is now 3 weeks old and weighs 7lb 4oz but still in tiny baby clothes for babies up to 5lbs - people keep asking how many weeks early was she and is amazed when I explain she was 1 week early!!

I am sorry to hear about the mastitis and thrush I know how painful it can be. I got it last year while on holiday abroad as I was still feeding my youngest son at the time.