Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Finally my BS of wyatt smith :)

Replies

• Options
    Oh my goodness what a wild labour!!! Well done for getting through it all with only gas and air. You are obviously very strong. Bloody mw should listen to their patients not mock them. I hope you're not in too much pain with stitches. Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy xx
  • Options
    Sorry gatecrashing from DIS but wanted to wish you many congratulations and to say that I had the same experience with DS.

Midwives kept telling me what a fuss I was making and that I needed to calm down as wasn't in established labour. Then a quick check and I was fully dialated and suddenly the room's full of 8 midwives getting things ready for the birth. They really should listen to their patients!

Hope you're enjoying motherhood xx
  • Options
    congratulations on your new baby boy.

I was like that with my ds2 - my waters broke at 5am and I screamed for my life constantly - they said I was only 3cm and couldn't have an epidural - I kept screaming - a midwife said "get a grip women do this all the time it doesn't hurt that much you are exagerating - She did get a slap!!!

I told them I needed to push they said i wasn't ready as I wasnt dilated - my son came 5minutes later with midwives panicking and running into the room as they weren't prepared!!

I then apaologised for slapping and said next time listen to their patients!!

I prewarned the midwives this time of what had happened and they listened to me - and my screaming.

Well done again and a lovely name
  • Options
    aw hun that sounds dreadful. stupid midwives!! glad he is here safe and sound and that you are recovering well.

seen his pics on fb very cute!

i had young student midwives for mine when i went in after 10 hrs of contractions they said your only 1-2 so go home and come back. was home 45 mins and then had to go back down. she was nearly born in the car luckily we got there and 17mins later she was born. when they checked me they must of done a sweep before sending me home! when i mentioned this to my community mw she said as a 2nd time mum they shouldnt of sent me home as labours are quicker!! lol!!

hope you are settling into mummy hood its the best job in the world!!

xxxx
  • Options
    I don't understand why they don't just check again- this seems to be a common complaint.

Anyway, huge congrats! Sounds like you did blimmin' well, I'd say!