Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011

How Is Everyone?

Hi Ladies

This forum isn't overly busy right now, so who is still on here, and how are you getting on?

Jazmine is 5 weeks 3 days already. She's doing really well. Last weigh in , which was last Tues, 16th, she weighed 12lb 4oz!! So doing good!! She is a little guzzler I have to say!!

Sleep wise, much better, pretty much from 10pm till 5am, give or take. Still regular sleeping in the day, an hour or two here and there.

Overall, I have to say she's as good as gold. End of last week she started smiling properly, which is lovely to see! I have taken so many photos already!! image

She loves tummy time and is really strong in lifting her head, which she started to do very early on. She's continually moving her little arms and legs, which are also strong, it's almost like she wants to walk already!

Anyway, how is everyone else getting on?

Zxx

Replies

• hey!

I'm still here between feeds and entertaining my 2 yr old!

10pm - 5am.... I AM UTTERLY JEALOUS!!!! How did you do that? Finley still wakes three times a night, wanting feeding pretty much every 2-3 hours, sometimes he does go a little longer from 8pm - 1am, but not regularly. He is in no pattern whatsoever with feeding, every day is different. No idea how my boobs are learning when to fill up - I think they must permenantly be full as they have no idea when he'll want feeding and some days it is pretty much every 30 mins....

He is gorgeous and very contented, between his feeding frenzies he is very awake and alert, he hardly ever naps (which i do find very weird as they say babies need x amount of sleep and my DD used to feed and nap feed and nap, he just doesn't or if he does they are power naps for about 20 mins or so!!!)

off on hols this week, am very nervous of plane journey with a baby and a toddler but at least I have my hubby to help... wish us luck! Can't wait to go to the beach.

hugs xxx
  • Hi Roo, good to hear from you. Its weird with Jazz as she was always waking for a feed between midnight and 2am, then that sort of stopped?! The only different thing we did was put her back in her grow bag thing to sleep in, we always did that in the beginning. That's prob not the reason why, but who knows.... She just seems to have the last feed between 9pm and 10pm, then sleeps through. She's still in her moses basket, though I really don't think it will be long before we have to move her into her cot!!

Hope you have a brilliant holiday. I'm very jealous!!

Zxx
  • hello

freyas doing brilliantly, we had to put her in her cot last week as shes too long lol she had no room to stretch but now we go in her room every morning and she looks like a starfish. she obviously loves her space :lol:

we have the HV coming round 2day for her 6 week check, cant wait to see what she weighs now, shes guzzles milk like its going out of fashion :lol:

just cant believe she is 6 weeks old 2day! time has gone so quick

• we had our health visitor come round and weigh freya this afternoon, when she was born, she weighed 7lb 13oz, she now weighs 11lb 6oz. cant believe it image

overall she is really happy with her progress, freya was quite happy chatting and smiling away at her image

• hi

glad all going well for you all, wow 10 til 5am, thats fab! Annabelle is now 12 days old and is such a good girl, (i am a tad biased though!) she now weighs 8lbs 2 oz and loves her feeds, at night she seems to wake up regularly at 2.30, 5.00 and 7.00 for her milk and then will sleep until about 10am. She then has a good 3 hour sleep in the afternoon.

Hubbie loves to feed her so we have just brought a breast pump from mothercare so he can help with feeding her as although we do top up with 1 or 2 bottles of sma a day it does make her more sickie.

we have also just started to go through loads of changes of clothes a day as she seems to catch up out when we change her, (it must be the cold air around her little bum!) so we have now had afew emergency baths!! but thank goodness for johnsons bed and bathtime as it really does seems to settle her (along with her dummy!)

wf xx
  • Hey ladies....

Phoebe is 5 weeks tomorrow i really don't know where the time has gone.

Phoebe is a little cracker although she is an insomniac as she just doesn't like to sleep!! Bless her though she is suffering from reflux and so is terrible at night and just won't settle in her crib.

Hubby and I have taken to sleeping in shifts. He goes to bed from 9pm to 2am and then takes over from me as Phoebe will literally take 2 or more hours to settle. She cries and winds herself up because of the reflux. We took her to the GP yesterday and has been prescribed infant gaviscon so hopefully that will help.......

On the bright side she is now 9lbs and loves her milk. She has been feeding between 2 and 3 hours but has started to miss the 2am feed. She is really alert and will follow her favourite toy from left to right. She is great at holding her head and is trying to roll already! She is rapidly growing out of her newborn clothes. Im amazed at how quickly she is changing.
  • hello everyone

jasmine is 5 weeks and 4 days now, at 4 weeks she weighed 10lbs 3oz! little piggy!, we are mostly breastfeeding with a formula or expressed milk bottle for hubby to give at night, she sleeping well at night inbetween feeds, we are usually up twice in the night around 3 and 6 and she goes down pretty well most times in her crib, after cosleeping at the beggining its strange to have my bed back, although our toddler still likes to sneak in!

she has already outgrown the moses basket and is snug in her carrycot! she so long!! a gorgeous little chubber! we are having to get 3-6 month sleepsuits to as shes so long, thankgod for dresses!

we got our first proper big smile today and i caught it on camera so chuffed!
  • Hi all...

Jealous of your holiday Roo, and of all the sleep you must be getting Z!

We are obviously quite a bit behind you all, with Matilda only being 10 days old. I have found it a bit of a struggle to be honest, I had quite a traumatic birth. Lost a lot of blood, 4th degree tear and damage to my urethra from when they tried to put in a catheter during labour. After a few days recovery in hospital I still had terrible iron levels and had to have a blood transfusion. Since I came home I have found that I am extraordinarily tired, and although hubby is very supportive and tells me to rest etc I'm afraid of seeming like a bad mum if I lie down and leave him to look after her for a few hours.

I started off breast feeding, but it seems that when Tilly was ready for my milk to come in my body was suffering a delay. My milk did come in, but in the meantime she wasn't satisfied and I had to top her up with some formula. She went completely off the breast, so I have been expressing as much as possible and feeding her that & formula (Hipp Organic). I still try her on the breast at every feed, and sometimes she'll take a bit and others she just has no interest at all. It really upset me as I was determined to breastfeed but she lost so much weight that she was almost referred to paed and so I knew my feeding wasn't enough for her. I'm not so upset now, but still determined to keep trying her and to express for as long as possible.

Once we started topping her up she started to sleep much better and cry so much less (it was non-stop before), but when she was weighed the midwife told us we had to wake her every 2 hours day & night for feeding so that is what we are still doing (although she is almost back to birthweight now). Today she seems to be overfeeding and then being sick so I think we will have to be careful that she isn't taking too much formula just because it is 'easy'.

I'm enjoying being a mum - even though I've found it difficult, and can't wait for Matilda to develop her little personality some more - she's so cute!
  • Oh MrsP, sounds like you are really been through the mill so to speak. I'm not surprised you are knackered!! Try and rest as and when you can, it makes you no less of a mum. I am very lucky in that my hubby is self employed (guitar teacher) and his working day begins late afternoon, so we are both here much of the day. He has been brilliant and we have pretty much shared everything. We are exclusively bottle feeding, also Hipp Organic, and she is thriving. She's a right little guzzler!!

I too beat myself up a bit with the breastfeeding, I only managed 2 days! But you have to do what is right for your little one. Jazmine is such a content little girl!

She's doing so well with her sleeping at the mo, last night was 7.45 till 5am!! Brill! Hope she continues.

Take care,

Zoe xx
  • mrs p - i only breastfed freya for a few days and it was all i could handle so she is now on formula. She used to overfeed and was sick alot of the time, our HV suggested a dummy, it changed freya completly, she is still eating alot but only what she can actually cope with.

it turns out all freya wanted was something to suckle on but was giving out all the signals for being hungry.

Try and rest when u can, sounds like you've been through so much, dont feel bad about having a rest, your body has just been through so much it needs to recover