Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

poorly baby :-(

My poor little boy is poorly, he had a temperature last night so we gave him some calpol, his temp was fine after about an hour and has been fine since but he is not himself. Really sleepy, wakes to feed then sleeps again (not like him at all). poor little thing. I'm not too worried as he is eating and weeing ok, I just wish I could be ill for him. I hate seeing him suffer, he is a bit cry-ey when he wakes up which again isn't like him.

I can't get dr app today as it's not an emergency. I may see how he gets on today, if his temp goes up again I will insist and say it is an emergency... what would you do?

Replies

• Hi hun sorry to hear he's under the weather

Have you looked his symptoms up? We thought our little one was ill, but turns out he has started the teething process! He is 11weeks old tomorrow. We bought some teethers to put in the fridge, and also give him a rub on the gums with Bonjela teething gel and it has really helped the little man x
  • Symptoms to look out for are:

Dribbling a lot

Biting motions on anything he can reach

Redness in the face esp cheeks

Loss of appetite can occur

Restlessness

• hi, thanks for that. I don't think he's teething yet, not showing any of those signs except dribbling a lot (but I think lots of babies do that anyway!?!)

we did go to dr in the end, he was really crying this morning, not normal for him so we popped along to an emergency appointment. The dr was really nice and did a really thorough check. He says his tonsils are quite red so we have to retake temperature in the morning and if it is still high then we need to pop back for some antibiotics. I hope the calpol helps and he fights it himself. I don't want him on antibiotics just yet unless he really needs to be. Poor little man.

Hope the teething process isn't too bad for your little one.

xxxx
  • Bless him... Glad the DR did a good examination and checked everything out for you, there are a lot of bugs and colds around at the moment which they'll all get at some point.

Thanks - he is sprawled out relaxing on our bed at the moment after a feed, so I think he's coping pretty well lol!

xx
  • Hey Roo, glad you got him checked out. Hope he feels better soon. Zxx
  • Hope he's better soon. Sounds like he's sleeping off whatever he's got - best thing for him!

Hugs,

xx
  • thanks, he is much better today. I am now suffering a little with a headache and a sore throat so I do wonder if that's what was wrong.

He hasn't got a temperature any more thank goodness. and he is much happier today, he isn't whinging any more and has only had power naps again today so back to normal.

xx