Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

excited!

Hi,

how are you all? Good I hope?

Finley is totally well and back to normal, nothing really came of his temperature. he was out of sorts for a day or two and then was fine again! phew!

I am today, UTTERLY EXCITED, as I've been potty training my DD since Friday and she is doing amazingly well, she has been dry from day 1 (except one accident on saturday and one today)

and she pooped for the first time today on her potty! I am so incredibly proud of her and she looks so grown up in her upsy daisy pants... amazing! It feels like yesterday she was Finley's age, I know everyone always says the same but seriously the past two years have whizzed by!

well I hope you are all well x

Replies

• Well done to your DD! And to you for giving potty training a go with Fin on board!

Are you following any guides on potty training?

If MissG is ready, I hope to start her off some time in the new year, but at the moment any time I encourange her to pull down her trousers, she looks at me like I'm stupid!! Not quite there yet image

Hope your DD continutes with her success.

xx
  • hi,

we tried when she was 1 year and about 10 months but it did not work at all, she just kept wetting herself without telling us she needed to go.

Then we let her have a go before her bath each night all summer,

then last friday we just hung all her nappies on the washing line, and the nappy fairy came to take them away and left a pressie for her. She then had pants on from that day, I did lots of reminders, we read some potty time books and she just got it! We have given stickers and the occasional chocolate coin as treats for staying dry (which I know lots of people would disagree with but each to their own I say). She took 5 days to get the hang of poos but she now seems to have cracked it! I am so proud of her!!!

Good luck when the time comes, your little one is still quite young so don't put pressure on yourself yet! I have some friends (and i felt the same) who have got rather stressed about it with pressure from parents and other people who expect the children to be dry by 2 years old. My DD is now 2 years and 4 months.

x

xxx
  • Thanks Roo.

Yes, I've heard the earlier you start, the longer it takes! I wont be starting if she doesn't seem ready.

Exciting times ahead!!

xx