Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

teething

The time has come that i was dreading, Freya is nearly 3 months old and has started teething. it started about 3 days ago, she was being a little grizzly, dribbling quite a lot and chewing on her fist, now its gone to screaming for about an hour until the calpol to take effect image

Feel so helpless because i just want to take the pain away quicker for her image

has anyone got any help to aid teething?

thankyou

beki

x x

Replies

• Options
    Hiya, sorry to hear your having a hard time with teething. Matilda is my first so I have no experience yet, bit these are things I've heard about that I will be trying when the time comes.

Chilled teething rings-just put hard ones in the fridge for a bit before letting her chomp on them. It's apparently soothing for the gums.

Amber bracelet-the amber works against the skin releasing a natural analgesic so it helps with the pain.

Hope you findsomething to help soon x
  • Options
    Hi, Jazmine was 12w Fri just gone. Not sure if she is teething yet, but she is def putting everything in her mouth, including her own fist! She is dribbling quite a lot and blowing bubbles too! She's not really been crying with it, so am guessing its not painful? Like MrsP, she is my first so I really don't know what will be best. Guess it will all be a trial and error thing.....

Anyway....hope she settles down soon and you find something that works for you.

MrsP - hadn't heard of the amber bracelet, will def be checking that out when the time comes! Thanks.

Zxx
  • Options
    Phoebe has been like this for the last week or so. She is only 10 weeks so I didnt think she could be teething yet, but im certain she is. She doesnt really cry in pain, but she is refusing her feeds and chewing on the bottle and my fingers too. I have bought her some tommy tippee teethers - they look like a cross between and gum shield and a dummy and you can put teething gel onto the plate and then put it into the babies mouth for them to bite down on. Both Phoebe and my 4 month old neice love them. I got them from tesco xx
  • Options
    hey,

Finley showing no signs yet except dribbling which I think babies do lots anyway at the best of times!! My DD didn't cut her first tooth till after her first birthday so hopefully he'll be the same.

When she finally did show signs of teething we used one of these necklaces recommended by a friend... http://www.tearlessteething.com/

I must say we had no problems the whole time, her teeth just popped on through after using this necklace. My husband is a scientist and he totally disagreed that something like this would work but it really did! My friend's little boy used it too and had no issues, other friends that didn't use the necklace seemed to have so many problems with their babies and teething. We will DEFINITELY be using one again for Finley (even if he will look a a bit girly in it!!)

Oh and the teething salts are worth a try too, I've heard the ashton and parsons ones are very good but i think it is what works for you baby xxx
  • Options
    thankyou for your replies! image

currently looking into the amber necklaces, they look fantastic, not to expensive at all so going to give it a try (will keep you updated).

just goin to try bits and bobs out and see what works

thankyou again

beki

x x
  • Options
    we used the amber necklaces with DS and have just got one for DD, we got ours from dino daisys