Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

time to shift some of this baby weight!

so this week i have joined slimming world! i weighed 11 stone 13 and i used to be 10 stone 7 so that is my aim!! Wish me luck, never tried it before but really feel like i need to do something as i feel like a big mess at the mo!

my hubby bought an xbox connect too which is SO MUCH FUN!! my aim is to play on it for ten mins daily, then increase it when i can!

how are you all feeling about your post pregnancy bodies... it is still very early days so i am trying not to put too much pressure on myself to loose it too quickly.

hope all mummies and babies ok x

Replies

• Options
    My work friends have experienced excellent results with slimming world classes so good luck! I was 10st 5lb before I got pregnant and im currently 10st 9lb. I started to address the baby weight issue three weeks ago at which time I weighed 10st 12lb. In terms of weight I dont have much to lose but but my body is soooooo different from how it was before. My hips are wider and my tummy is so soft and wobbly. I dont like what I see when I am naked but Im trying to put it all in to perspective - my body took a hammering during my pregnancy and I gained just over 2 stone, so its only fair that I give it a few months to get back to normal. At the moment I am trying to just eat healthily and keep active with my little one so that the weight comes of gradually, and hopefully things become a little, erm, firmer!
  • Options
    Its such a nightmare but so do able!! With my DD I gained 6 stone!!! (Just never stopped eating and stopped exercising completely) Not joking but over 2 years of slimming world (great choice) and running 3 times a week with a load of sit ups I got back to 10st 2lb and a pretty flat tummy again before getting pregnant with my DS. This time I gained 3 stone and with DS now 12 weeks am back to 10st 13lb. So 11 lb to go but lots of toning. Am running again now 3 times a week for half an hour and am finally able to get back on the sit ups (C Section so took a bit longer to be able to do that).

Because I managed to lose so much last time and get my tummy back to at least looking not too unsightly in a bikini I am much more motivated this time as I know I can do it. They do say 9 months on and 9 months off and I have to say I reckon theres alot of truth in it, particularly if you gained a 'normal' amount of weight during the pregnancy which you clearly did... You mustn't put pressure on yourself to do it too quickly- a pound a week is still a loss! Get on that Connect and you'll be laughing- Good Luck with it, you can do it X
  • Options
    I hate what I see in the mirror!

I was 10st 9 before pregnancy and put on 4 and half stone!!! I was a big runner before I had Phoebe, running 5k every day..... I started Zumba 4 weeks ago and running again but have had to stop both as I am in agony with my knees. I feel like an 8o year old which the HV has said is still due to the pregnancy hormone which is still in abundance in my body as I am breast feeding

I really want to be back in my pre pregnancy clothes by Xmas but to is looking unlikely unless my knees get better. :cry::cry:
  • Options
    i agree with other shelley5185 - give yourself time to heal, having a baby takes its toll on our bodies!

week 1 almost over, weigh in tomorrow... fingers crossed for success!!!

i want to be at my pre pregnancy weight by my 30th at beginning of march!

xx
  • Options
    Good luck at your weigh in tomorrow Roo.

Give or take a pound I am now back to pre-pregnancy weight, however, I would love to lose a stone really, before Xmas if poss (to allow me to put a bit back on!) :lol:

Zxx
  • Options
    good luck, i have just done my 3rd week back at zumba!
  • Options
    Good luck ladies. I hate to say it but I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight too. I've been to the gym a few times but mainly put it down to going on lots of brisk walks with DS in the buggy and breastfeeding....my DS is a big baby (99th percentile!) and the health visitor reckons because he has a healthy appetite that's whats helped me lose the weight. Everything is quite wobbly now though!

• Options
    well done those of you back to pre preg weight already!! that is fab!

i lost 4.5 lbs this week!!! i am so happy especially as i feel like i have eaten loads! i am loving slimmimng world, really inspired me to keep at it!

• Options
    Welldone, that's excellent news! x
  • Options
    If I could get over my post natal addiction to Minstrels, I would be able to reap the benefits of breast feeding, but as it is, I'm starting to look pregnant again image

I didn't actually gain any weight during my last pregnancy, but I'm still much much heavier and flabbier than I was before my first pregnancy image

Should we start an incentive thread, so we can share and boast if we've eaten healthily, or done some excercise?

Right now, my only excercise is doing Yogo with MissG when Waybuloo is on image

xx
  • Options
    I'm starting to try and shift weight too. I am back to pre peg weight, but I hardly put on any weight but was already overweight image

So far I've lost a stone, but I want to lose about 4 really... Like a challenge lol! I'm going to do slimming world, as I lost a bit of weight on it before and walking and zumba on the wii.

Hub's sister is getting married 3rd December as she is pregnant again and wants the wedding before she gets a bump. I've just ordered a dress 2 sizes too small so that's my motivation.
  • Options
    We def need a motivation/incentive thread!!! Zxx
  • Options
    Roo fab news re 4.5 lbs in first week - you star, whens the next weigh in? Just got on the scales and have lost another 2lbs- slowly but surely... 9 lbs to go!! Did a 5K run on sunday in 25 mins which I was pleased with too- def got to hit the sit ups more though to shift this flabby tummy bit!! Def up for the motivation thread too! X