Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

bad day :-(

had horrible day,

finley still being a nightmare sleeper so am shattered, think I am hormonal so everything feels like it is a horrible mess. my DD has been dry for 3 weeks then today she's wee-ed three times and pooed in pants twice... am so tired of cleaning up pooo and wee and pottys and doing load after load of washing... in between feeding finley every two - three hours and changing nappies and cooking dinner and cleaning up and just everything feels horrible... have cried a few times today and just feel blue, feel like i am being a bad mummy for not spending time playing with finley as so busy with my dd....

sorry for moan had to let it out xx

Replies

• Ahhhh Roo - sending you a big virtual hug. I really feel for you. It can't be easy with a little one and a toddler, especially when you are adding potty training into the equation as well. You will get there I'm sure.

Having a cry is a good thing though, its good to let it all out. I know I always feel better sometimes after a good ol cry!!

Zxx
  • I can totally sympathise... some days I just sob. I to have a toddler and a 'challenging' babe n totally understand the treadmill of crying, entertaining, washing, cooking, cleaning.... all on top of no sleep. I do find though that if I have a particularly bad day, get loads of tears out, the next day seems to be a good one.

Your DD will def be wetting etc for attention/your time which is all you need and so hard to give at times-

Something I did do last week as I was worried about not enough quality with my DD was went to local hobby craft n got a load of Mr Maker sets and we could sit with my DS on my knee while we got busy making stuff... she loved it , kept baby happy n helped me feel like a better mum. i have to remind myself sometimes that I'm only one person and i'm sure you're the same- the washing can wait till tomorrow (easy to say, harder to do)...

Really hope you feel better soon and have a better day tomorrow X
  • moan away, its really hard with two sharing your time when there so young isnt it, we have had a bad week of feeding loads at night and i have been shattered to the point of tears a few times image it will get easier!
  • thanks everyone,

i have had a much better day, still shattered but much better day none the less

thanks again for listening to my moan xx
  • You are not a bad mum in anyway so try not to be so hard on yourself hun. I struggle to get through the day with one 10 week old baby, I really do not know how you mummy's with two or more children do it. Im in complete awe of you all! I had planned to try for the next one in a year or two but now I tell everyone who asks that I will wait until Phoebe is at school before I even consider it. I can sympathise with the sleep issue too xxx
  • Hi Roo!

Hope you're days have been better since your post.

I sympathise! Don't beat yourself up though. We're all doing a great job image

xx