Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011

2nd lot of jabs today

Hi Ladies

Jazmine had her 2nd lot of jabs today. The first lot at 8w she was fine, admittedly she was asleep when we went in, woke briefly when the needle was inserted, then promptly fell back asleep. No probs at all.

However, this time going in she was wide awake and smiling at the Nurse etc, then the needle went in and she screamed her head off!! She did calm down quite quickly after and has now slept loads today, but I got all emotional when we came home. Hated seeing her upset, she's such a smiley, happy little soul, couldn't bear hearing her screaming!!

Hope she sleeps well tonight now as she has slept sooo much today.

Next lot in 4 weeks again....!

Zxx

Replies

• awww its hard isnt it, dd was unsettled after the first lot but has been ok this time, not looking forward to the 3 jabs at 16 weeks!
  • Well the jabs def knocked her out, she slept from 8pm till 4am then 4.45am to 7.45am - bless her. She seems fine this morning....

Zx
  • Aw bless her!! Hope she is okay now. I have told hubby he has to take Phoebe to the next lot, I just cant hear that scream again!
  • Poor Jazmine!

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow-we have our first of jabs image
  • My little one had his second jags too on 13 Oct. He was the same as Jazmine slept through the first one and was wide awake and smiling second time. He was really screaming and he continued for about 5 minutes afterwards even when we were back in the waiting room. He then went straight to sleep afterwards though and was fine.