Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Our Little Girl is in Hospital

Hi Ladies, my lovely little Jazmine is in hospital. image

We went to the doctors on Thus morning as her birthmark (a strawberry birthmark on the top of her head) had become a bit scabby and had started weeping/bleeding a little. He sent us straight to the hospital as it looked infected.

It is infected and as she is too little to have oral anti-biotics, she is having to take it through IV. Its horrible seeing her with it in her hand and her arm all bandaged up to keep it in. They are doing obs every 3 hours and doing the drip every 6 hours. She has had an ultrasound on it too and they say it all looks normal, thank god.

I have to say she is being as good as gold though, she keeps smiling at all the Nurses and really doesn't seem fazed by the fact that we aren't at home. She is even sleeping in the cot there without trouble.

We have a room there with her. We both slept there Thurs night, Fri night I did and last night Hubby did as there is only one bed and a sort of couch thing (both mega uncomfortable). I'm going back in shortly. I've hated being away from her for a night, but its pointless us both breaking our backs from the bed, lol!

The doc yesterday said he would really like to keep her in another 24 hours, so in theory that means we should be home tonight...fingers crossed. We really don't want to spend another night there, we just want our little Jazzie back home.

I hope everyone is ok and I will catch up with all your posts soon.

Zoe xx

Replies

• Sorry to hear that hun. It's awful seeing your baby in hospital isn't it? Hope you get her home tonight x
  • Oh Z, so sorry Jazmine is in hospital. I hope she has recovered enough that they let her home with you tonight.

Wishing you all the best xx
  • hope she back with mummy and daddy very soon!
  • Oh how awful for you all. Hope she's better asap and you get back home. It's harrowing seeing tubes and needles near your LO, but just remember hospital is the best place for her to get better.

Big hugs,

xx
  • Thanks ladies for all of your kind comments.

We are home!! Finally at 4pm yesterday. We have the antibiotics to give her orally 4 times a day, through a syringe... that's going to be fun!!

Just happy to be home and Jazzie is still such a happy soul!! Love her to pieces.

Zxx
  • Z,

So glad shes home, good luck with the syring! Can't imagine how horrid it was for you... hope shes still doing well? X
  • gosh what a worry! I'm pleased you're home and she is on the mend, what a good girl still sleeping even with all those changes. Bless her.
  • Glad she is home safe and sound x
  • Just a quick update from us. Been back to the hospital today for a check up for Jazz. We have to have another week of anti-biotics! Its really hard using the syringe and getting her to keep it down. I had a bit on my finger and tasted it, its gross! No wonder she doesn't like it.

We are trying to tie it in when she has a bottle, but its not always easy!

Anyway, the doc is also referring us to see a dermatologist, so am awaiting an appt to come through. There has been talk of lazering it to try and get it to reduce in size. Will have to wait and see what our options are I guess.

It's all a bit worrying really. Although we have been told its normal (as normal goes in birthmarks), its such a shame she has it. I guess we should be thankful its in her hairline and hair will grow over it, and its def not permanent. I know some people have the port wine birthmark, which is permanent I believe.

I look back in pictures of her when she was born and it was the tiniest of red marks, now its quite big and raised and scabby on top. It really doesn't look nice.

I can't always put her in a hat to cover it up! And I find myself explaining it to people who stop and look in the pram if I'm out and about, in case they think I have dropped her on her head or something.

Feeling a bit sad today :cry:

Zxx
  • Glad you're back home Jazzie!

Hope you're not feeling glum for long Z, and that this bathc of anti b's do their job.

Hugs,

xx
  • I hope your little girl is feeling better now with this lot of anti-biotics. Must have been very worrying for you.

Hope your feeling happier today - here is something to cheer you up - I went on my daily walk with my kids today and went past a securtiy van (the type that contains valuables) The rather loud alarm was going off constantly saying that the van was under attack and to phone the police. Inside was the driver trying to stop the alarm while being locked in the van with the windows locked up - he was bright red and on the phone to someone obviously trying to get someone to help him!!

There was a bunch of kids and blokes stood on the corner laguhing at this man locked in his own security van with the alarm going off!!! Even the PCSO was sitting on her bike having a giggle!
  • Hi all, another quick update. We are still on anti-biotics, so that's nearly 3 weeks now. It was getting better, but was weeping a little again last night!

Still awaiting appt to come through re seeing a dermatologist, hope it arrives soon!!

Jazmine is still ok in hersef, tho definitely teething right now!! She's had all the symptoms for a while, but last day or two has been very grumpy and crying more! She is def in a bit of pain with it now! Aggghhhh!!

Zxx
  • glad shes getting better

we are using anbesol liquid, ashtons and parsons powder and paracetamol when needed with DD teething, one tooth through and 2 nearly there! x
  • So glad everything seems ok with the ultrasound and hope she is back home with you very soon.

What a brave little girl

lots of hugs