Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Still no weight gain :(

I was back at the HV yesterday to get Phoebe weighed again to see if the increasing feeds that I have been giving her have increased her weight as she had not put on in 2 weeks.

I was absolutely heartbroken to be told that she still has not gained :cry:

The HV was lovely who reassured me that there was no reason to panic as she hasn't dropped a centile! she even got the Dr to check her over.

The Dr too was lovely. He said that people are too obsessed with following charts and don't look at the baby. He said that Phoebe was in perfect health and was alert and thriving which was reassuring but I still felt like a failure. For the last week I have reduced to 3 hour feeding and was sure that she would have put on a little weight image

As Phoebe has been sleeping through for 3/4 weeks the HV suggested to wake her to feed in the night. The Dr was against this saying that there was no point disrupting her routine and instead to try and introduce a dream feed.

I had a good cry last night feeling horribly useless to my little girl and not being able to meet her needs. I even contemplated giving up breastfeeding altogether.

I expressed 6oz to give her at 11pm. Hubby did the feed ad to be fair to Phoebe she took it well and went back down afterwards. She is such a good girl.

On a better note she also had her 12 week jabs yesterday and didn't even cry bless her. She has a sore leg now though but she still carries on smiling image