Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Cycles

Hi all

Just wondered if your cycles had returned to normal?

I had my first AF pretty much exactly 4 weeks after giving birth.

Now I am on day 38 and no period...yet! I have had symptoms for at least a week, but nothing....? I'm def NOT pregnant!! image

I guess they are going to be just all over the place...? Aghhhh at least when I was on the pill I knew exactly when it was going to happen. Now its all up in the air!!

Zxx

Replies

• Ive had two since Phoebe was born, the first was very light but the second was back to being heavy and painful image Back on the depo injection now though so im expecting them to be irratic from now on x
  • I've only had one do far, it was different to how they were before (hope they stay this way) and it came almost exactly 2 weeks after I originally stopped bleeding. I forgot to record the date but it was about 2 weeks ago and I have lots of mucus atm so hoping that means a 'normal' length cycle.

Wouldn't surprise if they were all over the place though, guess it's been a lot for our bodies to deal with! X
  • I went back on the Depo when Phoebe was 8 weeks. I have had slight bleeding which lasted for nearly 3 weeks!!!!

I was on the Depo prior to having Phoebe and didn't have periods so am hoping that they will stop this time too.
  • I'm still BF, so no AF yet, but after having MissG I got my first AF when she was 3 months and they were pretty regular straight away. We started TTC MasterG when she was 4 months, so I was timing them. I think I had about 4 28-dayers in a row. Everyone will be different though, so don't worry if yours aren't back to normal yet.

I'm so NOT looking forward to getting them back. I'm done with the baby making anyway, so bring on the menopause image

xx
  • I am still bf so no AF yet (thank god) I am not looking forward to them returning. With both ds1 and ds2 they did not return unitl I had practically stopped bf so am not expecting any anytime soon. Mine were always very irregular when I got them due to pcos ut at least I don't need to monitor them anymore as we are not having anymore.