Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Screeching!!

Hi Ladies

For the last couple of days Jazmine has developed a real ear piercing screech. Its just sooooo hard to listen to for more than a few minutes. I can usually distract her for 10 mins or so, then she's back to screeching!! Its not all day, thank god, just on and off. Not sure if its to do with teething or just finding her voice. She doesn't sound in pain that's for sure.

Please someone tell me that this is just her "finding her voice" and experimenting with what sounds she can make... image

I know that she is dying to get moving and that she's a bit frustrated that she's not physically capable of what she wants to be doing, but is there anything else we can try?

Any other little ones joining in with this screeching yet?

Zxx

Replies

• oh yes, screeching! my ears are hurting alot :lol:

like jazmine, freya is 'finding her voice'

shes calmed down alot from what she was like so now its when she sees something exciting she squeals and screams with excitment lol

• that sounds funny!

My DD never went through the screeching phase, but lots of her friends did! My sister's little one is doing it at the mo, she is 6 weeks older than Finley. They stayed in a hotel for a wedding last week and apparently she decided to do it in the middle of the night, my sis felt bad for the other hotel guests!

Finley so far chats lots but no squeals...! They are funny!! x
  • No screeching here my lovely,lots of chatter and giggles and also plenty of moaning if Im not showing him enough attention- but no screeching! Like Roo my DD never screeched either but I have heard it is quite normal! Bless you, I can imagine its quite the racket, maybe find some ear plugs!!! X
  • Thanks for your replies ladies. She has calmed a little bit in the last day (famous last words?) We are back to the docs later re her birthmark again.... Will update later.

Zxx