Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Poor little bubba

Phoebe has a really dreadful cold and I feel really helpless :cry:

She has a very snotty runny nose and a cough. Its beginning to get her down but she still manages to smile, bless her.

Does anyone have any remedies that may help as the pharmacist wasn't very helpful.

Replies

• we're all full of colds and coughs too, so much going round!

My tips would be

1. calpol before bed (as my throat hurts so theirs must too), 2. Karvol drops on a muslin in their room or dropped into a bowl of boiling water.

3. Raise the cot a little at one end so your little one isn't lying totally flat on her back.

and also, if Phoebe gets a croupy type cough try to take her into your bathroom and get it really really steamy, it helps really quickly to calm it down.

xxx
  • oh and saline nasal spray up the nose before feeds and before naps definitely helps my little ones x
  • It's rotten when theyre poorly- my DS was suffering loads at the change over into autumn... best thing I find when theyre full of it is a drop of olbas oil in a mug of boiling water up high in their bedroom- I also add a dash of milk to help stop it separating too much. Worked wonders and helps them breathe and clears there chessies- hope she feels better soon X
  • Thanx for all your advise x
  • we had an awful cold two weeks ago which reverted us back to 1-2 hourly wakeups image

we had albas oil for children on a muslin, a vapour plug in and vapour rub which helped also running the shower to steam the room and taking her in helped clear, also we have a nasal aspirator thing which got loads of gunk out

hope shes better soon x