Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

going back to work :-(

hello,

how are you all?

sorry to ruin the mood of Christmas but I have just had my request for working 2 days a week declined. I have to go back 3 days (which I know isn't awful, it could be worse and be full time) but I feel devastated... I feel all upset about leaving my babies, I have got used to having my eldest around again and my baby boy seems just so tiny still. I know I have a few months left but I am still gutted.

How are you all feeling about returning to work? I know some of you are going back in January aren;t you? how are you feeling? are you going back full time/part time?

xx

Replies

• Hey Roo, sorry you had your request declined, what a pain! :cry:

I am going back FULL TIME on 3rd Jan, 8.15am till 5pm. I requested to finish at 4pm for 5 days a week, but they declined, so I went back and asked to finish at 4pm just one day (to coincide with hubby leaving for work) and it was accepted.

Its pretty pants though as they call themselves a "family run" company - oh well!

I'm dreading going back too, but happy its my hubby who will be looking after her in the day, we will swap over when I get in and he will go off to work.

Going to miss her loads though I can tell you!!

Zxx
  • i'm dreading it already, more so the fact i'm nackered now let alone going to work, i'll be working nights too mostly! i am loving the thought of getting back to work though, i'll miss my two babies terribly but love my job! going back probably early april as hubby is away the end of march and hes my childcare

flexible working is a load of tosh, which is why i work on the bank working when i want, its not hugely secure but works for us x
  • thanks for your replies. I am feeling a bit happier now I have come to terms with it.

I just need to keep reminding myself that I am lucky enough to have a job, and am lucky I get school holidays too.

I am lucky to have my two babies (a friend of mine just lost her baby at 20 weeks.... devastating and puts my worries and life into perspective)

well happy new years eve to you all! Here's to a positive 2012.
  • Im going back next month for a course for 6 weeks and had a real wobble about leaving Phoebe as Iam going to miss her terribly image at one point I was going to cancel the course until hubby talked me out of it as I have already waited 2 years to get on it!

I still don't like the thought of leaving her though. Im officially back at the end of April and will have to work 7 days in a row, 2 days off then 6 on 4 off..... I intend to win the lottery between now and then so I don't have to go back lol!
  • Im going back at the end of March and as awful as at sounds, I am really looking forward to it. I love Phoebe more than life itself, she is my world and I am going to miss her so much. But, I just feel like my job is a huge part of who I am and I miss it. I miss having my brain stimulated. The fact that I am excited about it makes me feel so guilty. I feel like everyone must think I am an awful mummy! Phoebe will be 34 weeks old by the time I go back and I do not regret a second of the time I have had off with her because it has been so worth it. She is going to her auntie's along with her cousin (who is 2 months older) when I go back. I will be going back full time for the first 12 weeks and then 4 days after the summer holidays. We are lucky though, hubby and I are both teachers so we will have 13 weeks (over the course of the year) off together as a family.
  • Hi everyone

I am due back in June. I normally work full time, 4 days a week 8-6pm, so I have put in a request for it to cut down to 3 days.

We visited a local nursery and it was VILE, so we have decided between the two of us we will look after little monkey man, at least until he is older anyway.

He will be 11 months when I go back to work so I am not looking forward to leaving him and returning to the stress of my job!

I feel better knowing he will be with hubby having lots of fun, and if there is a problem they can soon drive to me at work.

Fingers crossed my work approve my proposed change, I am still waiting for a reply 4 days later!x